Warren Dunes State Park Off The Beaten Path Tips by staindesign
Warren Dunes State Park Off The Beaten Path: 2 reviews and 0 photos
This is a great beach that is located about 2.5 miles north of Warren Dunes State Park. This beach is open for the public in the small town of Bridgeman. It has a restaurant in the beach house and a fantastic board walk. There is also a large sand dune to climb, it isn't as tall at Tower hill but it is still nice. I believe it costs about $5 one time entrance or free if you are entering by foot or bike.
This is a the best beach to visit in winter. Because you can drive down right next to the beach to see the sunset without getting out of your car!
This place is great, i know there are many mixed feelings about nuclear power. But this place offers a great experience to learn about it. When I was a kid you could just show up and enter the exhibit at the power plant, but now from the web site you are suppose to call and schedule a time. They show a couple of movies about how nuclear power is made and then a cool over view of the plant itself. The one part I've always remember is how they cool the reactors with piping in the cold water from the Lake and then pumping it hot back into the lake after it cools the reactors. Well I'm not a scientist, but maybe that is the reason why the fish die so often and swarm the shores in the spring with their dead bodies?! I can't imagine they can take such a drastic temp. change. They say that isn't true at the power plant, but i guess i'll leave that up to you to decide for yourself!
Don't forget to call and schedule yourselves a cleverly named visit, called a "Power trip"!! (plus, the visit is free if you're on a budget)
By the way, you can see the nuclear plant from the beach at Warren Dunes Sate park. So you just get back out on Red Arrow High, which is a left when you leave the park. It is about 4 miles down the road on the left hand side.
More Reviews (7)
staindesign's Related Pages
Warren Dunes State Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Warren Dunes State Park
- Hotels in Warren Dunes State Park
- Nightlife in Warren Dunes State Park
- Restaurants in Warren Dunes State Park
- Shopping in Warren Dunes State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Warren Dunes State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sint Anna ter Muiden
- Nedvedice Hotels
- Rancho San Carlos Hotels
- Maricopa Hotels
- Waterton Lakes National Park
- Maros Hotels
- Champagne-Ardenne Off The Beaten Path
- Russian Orthodox Church
- Forbes Off The Beaten Path
- Srinagar Off The Beaten Path
- Lafayette Off The Beaten Path
- Manhattan Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Grand Bahama Island Off The Beaten Path
- Southampton Off The Beaten Path
- Laredo Off The Beaten Path
- Guadix Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Warren Dunes State Park
- 9 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Warren Dunes State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warren Dunes State Park
- updated a Warren Dunes State Park Travel Page "240 ft of Sandy Fun"
- Posted in Travel Portland Forum "Re: SALSA DANCING IN PORTLAND FEB..."
- Uploaded a Video to Warren Dunes State Park
- Wrote a Review And I would walk 6 miles..... in Warren Dunes State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "240 ft of Sandy Fun"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 53 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Cave National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos
- Lima Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos
- Nazca Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Aachen Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Warren Dunes State Park Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos