"Off the Map" Merrillville by staindesign
Merrillville Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Basically, Merrillville is one of those little towns that you see before you enter Chicago from the Indiana side. There really isn't anything interesting except the Starlight Theatre, this place holds concerts and other events.
I recently found these photos and I thought it would be cool to put this story in my pages. A few years ago I met this girl Shavon Woolfolk from Salsa dancing. She was a cool chick that was teaching salsa lessons. Anyway we became friends and she invited me to the Earth, Wind, and Fire concert in Merrillville. I didn't really know of them much, but when I told my disco lovin' parents they told me all about them. So the day of the concert I was pretty excited about going!
The craziest part of the adventure was that my friend was the daughter of Andrew Woolfolk. And he was part of the Band in the 80's. My friend told me that when she was young her family would travel with the band on tours.
This concert was great! Lots of great music and awesome light shows! Earth, Wind, and Fire really knows how to put on a good show. And you should just see those ladies that go for the concert, of course they are in their 40's-50's, but they act like teenage girls! They are screaming and throwing their bras on stage, but it is probably because the guys were hugging the ladies. The starlight theatre isn't really big, so people got out of their seats and packed up the front. People were dancing in the aisles, it was so much fun!
Since my friend's dad was a member of the band once we were able to get back stage passes. I got to meet Philip Baily, Maurice White, and Verdine White. I think Verdine is probably the most recognized of all of the members. It was cool because they were talking to my friend like they were her uncles, asking her about her parents and remembering when she was young. She actually grew up with Philip Baily's daughter and it was nice to see old friends connect. The funny part of it all, was that we thought we would all hang out and go to have a drink. But then we found out they may give a show like when they were in their 20's in the 70's but they are old men now. They declined our offers and said they had to get on there buses and go to bed. I guess they can't party forever!
- Pros:A great concert and an awesome chance to met EW&F
- Cons:what else is there to do in this tini town?
- In a nutshell:A funny place to meet stars!
staindesign's Related Pages
Merrillville Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Merrillville
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Merrillville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Merrillville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 52 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Cave National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos
- Lima Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos
- Chicago Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Nazca Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Aachen Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (20)
Latest Merrillville hotel reviews
- Days Inn Merrillville In
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Knights Inn Merrillville In
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 20, 2013
- Extended Stay America Efficiency Studios Merrillville
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Radisson Hotel At Star Plaza
- 143 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Best Western Inn Suites Of Merrillville
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013