Indianapolis Local Custom Tips by staindesign Top 5 Page for this destination
Indianapolis Local Customs: 19 reviews and 12 photos
the guide 3"X6"
This is a great tool if you ever want to move to Indy. You can find one of these guides at almost any grocery store, i believe all except Wal-marts. They are color coded and are divided up by area or neighborhood. This is such a great tool and I have used it several times since i've lived here. It takes alot of guess work out of driving around town or an area looking for an apartment. It is helpful to be prepared and the other great help is that all of the phone numbers and directions.
Plus the guide is FREE!!
We have a really great trail here. It runs from 10th St. to 96th St. It is really nice because much of the trail is through wooded area and you can get off the trail in many areas throughout the city. It runs North to South, so you can use it to travel with out your car. In the summer it can get really busy! Shoulder to Shoulder busy! I have even seen people using it in the winter. So over all it is a nice place to exercise and people watch! There are some really intense people that use the trail, bikers and runners. You need to look out for them because they will run you over. They always yell "left", which means get over to the right, and out of their way. I sort of hate that, because I am definitely slower and why should I move because they want to go 100mph?
At the beginning of the summer Indiana changed to Daylight Savings time for the first time. I am not sure about the whole state, because I heard some places didn't change, but that could be a rumor. My whole life we were always 1 hour behind Chicago but now we are the same time, Eastern Standard Time. At first everyone hated it, I never really saw the big deal, it is just one hour. So i guess people are use to it now and aren't complaining of missing their extra hour of sleep!
Most local people read the Nuvo & the Intake newspapers each week. They give info about all the things happening in Indy each week. Everything from Concerts to new restaurants opening. I support the Nuvo because they are a grass roots paper, where as the Intake is owned and made by the Big Indy paper "Indianapolis Star". They both are good, but the Nuvo gives better interviews on local bands and harder to find things. These papers are FREE and located on many street corners, the IUPUI campus, Malls, etc. And the Nuvo comes out each Wednesday.
More Reviews (49)
- See All First Fridays
- See All They are Serious about some PIZZA!
- See All Saturday Night Salsa
- Hiking in the City: Eagle Creek Park
staindesign's Related Pages
Indianapolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "INDIANAPOLIS: Artist, Athlete, Historian, Patiot"
- "The Circle City"
- "indianapolis, in"
- "Fast, yet Friendly City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indianapolis
- Hotels in Indianapolis
- Transportation in Indianapolis
- Nightlife in Indianapolis
- Restaurants in Indianapolis
- Shopping in Indianapolis
- Warnings and Dangers in Indianapolis
- See All...
Explore the World
- Stingray Point Hotels
- Muhafazat al Isma`iliyah Hotels
- Hamilton Hotels
- White Lake Hotels
Badges & Stats in Indianapolis
- 53 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Indianapolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indianapolis
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT drinks w/ Art"
- Wrote a Review First Fridays in Indianapolis Off The Beaten Path
- Posted in Travel Portland Forum "Re: SALSA DANCING IN PORTLAND FEB..."
- updated a Indianapolis Travel Page "The Circle City"
- Uploaded a Video to Indianapolis
- Commented on one of pourparafor's Indianapolis travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 53 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Cave National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos
- Lima Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos
- Nazca Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Aachen Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Warren Dunes State Park Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Latest Indianapolis hotel reviews
- Indianapolis - Days Inn Downtown
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Dollar Inn - Indianapolis
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 17, 2013
- Comfort Suites
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Intown Suites Indianapolis East
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 20, 2013
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
- 294 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- The Kendall Inn
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2012
- The Suites at 14 West
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 27, 2012
- Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
- 247 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- University Place Conference Center & Hotel Indianapolis
- 221 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2013
- Adam's Mark Airport
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Comfort Inn West - Indianapolis
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Renaissance Tower Historic Inn
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Monument Circle- 27 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 20 Reviews, 19 Photos
- White River Canal- 8 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Historic Homes & Buildings- 13 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Children's Museum- 8 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Indianapolis Zoo- 5 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Eiteljorg Museum- 11 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Indiana State Museum- 7 Reviews, 5 Photos
- War Memorial Plaza- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Connor Prairie- 4 Reviews, 2 Photos
See All Indianapolis Things to Do