"The Circle City" Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis by staindesign
Indianapolis Travel Guide: 557 reviews and 993 photos
Indianapolis is a great city to live in, I've been here 10 yrs now. This city has so much to offer, as far as, events in a variety of genres. Most people come to Indy for conferences or the big time sporting events, but I implore you to take a look at the local scene. There is some event every night of the week, yet the city holds a lot of small town charm.
I won't bore you with the history of the place, that is easy to find out by visiting our state museum if you are into that sort of thing. I'm revamping this page bc it is out dated and sort of boring. Anyone can get a travel book to discover the basic local attractions, but only a local can give you insight to the best festivals, what is and is not worth the money, and where to get a good cup of coffee. I like to eat, so there will be tons of food recommendations and unfortunately places to avoid. I don't know about you, but I need some local when I'm visiting a place. Too much touristy gets expensive and dull.
*All recommendations are based upon personal experience. I only talk about places I've actually experienced.
It's undeniable that this city has a lot of cool events. And I believe pretty much everyone can find something they'd like either in the city or the area.
Let's be frank: indianapolis is beautiful. They spent some serious dough a few years ago to clean up and repair downtown when the Super Bowl came to town. We have great lighting, pothole free streets, lots of new murals, and pedestrian friendly streets. Not to mention, good shopping and tasty places to eat. (definitely check out my awesome eating downtown tip) Now, downtown is lovely and not a shabby bore that it once was when I moved to city a decade ago.
- Pros:Pretty much always something to do here!
- Cons:winter, the new colts stadium, & the insane growth in population
- In a nutshell:There is more than corn in Indiana
This is very much off the beaten path, so much so, living here for 10 years I had never heard of the Indiana Medical... more travel advice
The standard thin crust pizza is delicious. There are 3 locations: downtown on Mass Ave., Broad Ripple, and Carmel Arts... more travel advice
- See All Side Trip: Exotic Feline Rescue Center
- See All Saturday Night Salsa
- Hiking in the City: Eagle Creek Park
staindesign's Related Pages
Indianapolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "INDIANAPOLIS: Artist, Athlete, Historian, Patiot"
- "The Circle City"
- "indianapolis, in"
- "Fast, yet Friendly City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indianapolis
- Hotels in Indianapolis
- Transportation in Indianapolis
- Nightlife in Indianapolis
- Restaurants in Indianapolis
- Shopping in Indianapolis
- Warnings and Dangers in Indianapolis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Indianapolis
- 54 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Indianapolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indianapolis
- Posted in Travel San Juan Forum "Re: Beach close to airport"
- Wrote a Review Learning from Brains in Indianapolis Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Learning from Brains"
- updated a Indianapolis Travel Page "The Circle City"
- Commented on one of staindesign's Indianapolis tips
- Uploaded a Video to Indianapolis
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 54 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Cave National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos
- Lima Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos
- Chicago Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Nazca Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Aachen Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos