"Que Rico, Puerto Rico" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico by staindesign
Puerto Rico Travel Guide: 2,340 reviews and 6,147 photos
The whole experience that is Puerto Rico is worth every penny! I had the great pleasure to stay in Puerto Rico for 2 weeks. It was absolutely amazing. Although I read the entire "Let's Go, Puerto Rico" guide book. It was pale in comparison to having my Fiance as my guide. After living on the island for 25 years, we saw more in our two weeks and he did in his whole life. Currently, Puerto Rico is pushing for "internal tourism". Each week in fact there is a TV program that is highlighting a beautiful place on the island.
I hope that I am able to show all of the many facets of the enchanted island that I experienced. Lucky for me, we'll be returning every year to visit family as well as beautiful places on the island.
I believe it is very important to mention the fact that Puerto Rico is a very affordable. To begin with in a non high season, a rental car will set you back about $200 plus taxes. Although we did stay with family most of our trip we did take a 3 day road trip around the island. We stayed in a few places that I hope you'll check out in my tips. A road trip in Puerto Rico is what I hope people really consider when planning a trip to the island. There is so much to see, that staying in one area in a fancy hotel can never do justice to your experience! Also, eating can be cheap. Puerto Rico is a fast food haven, with Burger King as their top dog. But I'd encourage people to stop on the sides of the road to enjoy the local fare of pinchos and fritura!
1. Zipline in the center of the Island
3. Salsa dancing
4. Festival San Sebasten, old San Juan
- Pros:So much to see!
- Cons:Can be super hot!
- In a nutshell:Puerto Rico is so Rico!
This is a lovely place to stop by on highway 2. There use to be a train that ran through the area long ago, but now it... more travel advice
La hacienda Buena Vista is located about 10 miles north of Ponce on Rt. 123. It's considered a Natural Preserve and... more travel advice
- See All Vacation condo rental
- See All Food Truck Tripleta
- See All Car Rental Hassle
- See All Fishing it up!
staindesign's Related Pages
Puerto Rico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Rico--The Island of Enchantment!"
- "Perfect Island Vacation"
- "Que Rico, Puerto Rico"
- "The Main Island"
- "Hexe Goes to Puerto Rico"
- "Puerto Rican "Shorty-moon""
- "Vounteering in Puerto Rico with my daughter!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Rico
- Hotels in Puerto Rico
- Transportation in Puerto Rico
- Nightlife in Puerto Rico
- Restaurants in Puerto Rico
- Shopping in Puerto Rico
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Rico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Rico
- 31 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Puerto Rico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Rico
- Wrote a Review Vacation condo rental in Puerto Rico Hotels
- Commented on one of staindesign's Puerto Rico travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rent a Boat!"
- Posted in Travel Puerto Rico Forum "Re: What to do in Rincon, Puerto..."
- updated a Puerto Rico Travel Page "Que Rico, Puerto Rico"
- Uploaded a Video to Puerto Rico
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 53 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Cave National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos
- Lima Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos
- Chicago Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Nazca Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Aachen Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos