"Que Rico, Puerto Rico" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico by staindesign

Puerto Rico Travel Guide: 2,340 reviews and 6,147 photos

An Enchanted Island

The whole experience that is Puerto Rico is worth every penny! I had the great pleasure to stay in Puerto Rico for 2 weeks. It was absolutely amazing. Although I read the entire "Let's Go, Puerto Rico" guide book. It was pale in comparison to having my Fiance as my guide. After living on the island for 25 years, we saw more in our two weeks and he did in his whole life. Currently, Puerto Rico is pushing for "internal tourism". Each week in fact there is a TV program that is highlighting a beautiful place on the island.

I hope that I am able to show all of the many facets of the enchanted island that I experienced. Lucky for me, we'll be returning every year to visit family as well as beautiful places on the island.

The Truth about affordability

I believe it is very important to mention the fact that Puerto Rico is a very affordable. To begin with in a non high season, a rental car will set you back about $200 plus taxes. Although we did stay with family most of our trip we did take a 3 day road trip around the island. We stayed in a few places that I hope you'll check out in my tips. A road trip in Puerto Rico is what I hope people really consider when planning a trip to the island. There is so much to see, that staying in one area in a fancy hotel can never do justice to your experience! Also, eating can be cheap. Puerto Rico is a fast food haven, with Burger King as their top dog. But I'd encourage people to stop on the sides of the road to enjoy the local fare of pinchos and fritura!

Wish list

1. Zipline in the center of the Island
2. Culebra
3. Salsa dancing
4. Festival San Sebasten, old San Juan

• Pros:So much to see!
  • Cons:Can be super hot!
  • In a nutshell:Puerto Rico is so Rico!
  • Last visit to Puerto Rico: Jan 2012
  • Intro Updated Jan 11, 2012

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I really would like to come and see all you have mentioned. Thanks for a great tour!

• staindesign's Profile Photo
      Jan 1, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I hope that you can, PR is truly amazing around each corner. Btw, I'm surprised you haven't been there, it looks like you have been pretty much everywhere. Your page is an experts page!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Jan 1, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Thankyou! So many places to see and need so much money!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM

No, never been to PR. Some day perhaps?

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Thanks for your interesting story! ~

staindesign

“Now that we found each other, let's see everything.”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Rico

Have you been to Puerto Rico?

Latest Activity in Puerto Rico