Hollywood Off The Beaten Path Tips by Krystynn
Hollywood Off The Beaten Path: 23 reviews and 25 photos
This is a glimpse of <b>Hollywood Boulevard</b> through the swinging Sixties...
This is also the era which turned young and refreshing starlets like <i>Jane Fonda, Raquel Welch, Goldie Hawn</i>... into mega-stars and multi-millionaires! :-)
<i>Ah</i>. life can be soooo unfair!
This is a postcard of <b>Hollywood Boulevard</b> in the Fifties. Sorry... the card had turned yellowish.... so, I had it changed to this color instead.
Well, this is the era which hailed legendary stars like <i>Elizabeth Taylor, Sophia Loren, Grace Kelly</i> and a whole hosts of glamorous Hollywood stars who brought glamor to new dizzying heights! :-)
Wish I were born in THIS era!
If you wish to rub shoulders with some famous Hollywood celebrities, maybe you'd like to take note of the following:-
<li> <a href='http://www.tvtix.com/'target=newwindow>Free TV Tickets</a>.
You get a once-in-a-lifetime chance to watch a TV taping in L.A. You can order these tickets online via the website. Or, for more info, send these kind folks an email at: <b>email@example.com</b>.</li>
<li> <a href='http://store.paramount.com/studio_tour.html'target=newwindow>Paramount Pictures</a>.
Addres: 860 N. Gower St. (<i>between Santa Monica Blvd. and Melrose Avenue</i>)
5451 Marathon Ave. and Melrose, Hollywood, CA
Information: 956-5575 (<i>for television show tickets</i>)
Information: 956-1777 (<i>studio tour information</i>).
<b>TV show tickets are available August through March.</b>
Two hour guided tours of sound stages, wardrobe, production and sets of the Paramount Pictures film and TV complex is available 9:00am - 2:00pm
<li> <a href='http://home.nbci.com/LMOID/bb/fd/0,946,-0-2757,00.html' target=newwindow>NBC TV Studio & Tours (Channel 4)</a>.
3000 W. Alameda Ave. Burbank, CA
Information: 840-3537 (<i>Show tickets and tours</i>).
Television studio tours are one-hour long and can include show tapings, wardrobe and make-up departments, rehearsal halls, scenery shops and
immediate seating in a studio audience.
<b>Tours are 9:00am - 3:00pm weekdays, with longer hours and Saturday tours in summer and on holidays.</b> </li>
<li> <a href='http://www.celebritycribs.com/'target=newwindow>Home of Hollywood Stars</a>. These are some of the addresses listed in the site. Now, DON'T go stalking <i>Brad Pitt</i> or <i>Madonna</i>! </li>
<li> <a href='http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/2800/starmap.html' target=newwindow>Addresses & Maps to Homes of the Famous Hollywood Celebrities</a>. <i>Need I say more?</i> </li>
Have fun chasing after your favorite Hollywood celeb! And don't tell them I sent you...!
<b><font color=red>Photo Below: This is the grave of Andy Gibb (the tragic youngest brother of the Gibb brothers aka 'Bee Gees' who died of a drug overdose in 1980....). His burial site is situated in the world-renowned Forest Lawn here in the Hollywood Hills.
<i>Photo courtesy of Gary Wayne.</i></b></font>
Here's a series of postcards (<i>thanks Mom!</i>) showing <b>Hollywood Boulevard</b> through the different era.... beginning with the roaring Twenties.... when <i>Mary Pickford</i> and <i>Douglas Fairbanks</i> reigned supreme in the movies.
Once upon a time, the area called <b><u>Hollywood</b></u> was the home to many movie pioneers. As you can see, many of these historic sites are not in ruins today..... In fact they continue to be thriving production factories.
<i>For avid movie buffs, if you have some time to spare, why not sign up for a Studio's Tour? </i>
<b>Photo Below: The Paramount Studios showing one of the two new main gates on Melrose Avenue.</b>
<i>Address:</i> 5500 Melrose Avenue, Central Hollywood.
I'm not too sure how the Paramount story began but I DO know that when the great Adolph Zukor took over Paramount Pictures (and the new production company was named Paramount Pictures)..... the then-America's Sweetheart (no, NOT Julia Roberts...!) - Mary Pickford
provided the box-office punch for Zukor as he built Paramount into the nations leading film company to what it is today. Paramount's roster of stars included the great <i>Rudolph Valentino, Gloria Swanson, Clara Bow, Gary Cooper</i>, the comedy team <i>Bob Hope</i> and <i>Bing Crosby, Cary Grant, W.C. Fields, Mae West, William Holden</i> as well as <i>Dean Martin</i> and <i>Jerry Lewis</i>. Paramount was home to a stable of world-famous movie directors like <i>Cecil B. de Mille</i>.
More Reviews (25)
- See All If you ask me, this whole...
- See All Ah yes, the Walk of Fame... ...
- Stayed at the Holiday Inn...
- See All
- Be careful when you're...
Krystynn's Related Pages
Hollywood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hollywood? Hollyweird? Both?"
- "Seeing Stars...."
- "Perceived Hollywood-The Glamor and the Grundge"
- "Beers G-Style: Hollywood"
- "It's all about movie stars"
- "HOLLYWOOD - Not Quite What I'd Imagined!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hollywood
- Hotels in Hollywood
- Transportation in Hollywood
- Nightlife in Hollywood
- Restaurants in Hollywood
- Shopping in Hollywood
- Warnings and Dangers in Hollywood
- See All...
Explore the World
- smoking nargileh
- Wittgenstein's Grave
- Pennypack Park
- Pagudpud Off The Beaten Path
- Panama Off The Beaten Path
- Brecon Beacons
- La Madeleine
- Gold Coast Off The Beaten Path
- Lafayette Off The Beaten Path
- Tongariro National Park Off The Beaten Path
- St Albans Off The Beaten Path
- Kennebunkport Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Hollywood
- 30 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Hollywood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hollywood
- updated a Hollywood Travel Page "HOLLYWOOD - Not Quite What I'd Imagined!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "HOLLYWOOD - Not Quite What I'd Imagined!"
- Posted in Travel Milan Forum "Re: Milan New Years Eve??"
- Wrote a Review If you ask me, this whole... about Universal Studios in Hollywood Tourist Traps
- Commented on one of dinagideon's Hollywood travel pages
Photos in HollywoodSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 63 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 61 reviews, 132 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 87 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 43 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 59 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Hollywood hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Walk of Fame
- 759 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Loews Hollywood Hotel
- 356 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Days Inn Hollywood/Universal Studios
- 275 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles - Hollywood
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hollywood Star Inn And Suites
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Quality Inn Hollywood
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- HIGHLAND GARDENS HOTEL
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Hollywood Hills Hotel
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- La Mirage Inn
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 11, 2012
- Saharan Motor Hotel
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Economy Inn Hollywood
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 29, 2013
- Andaz West Hollywood
- 921 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Best Western Hollywood Hills Hotel
- 266 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Hollywood Metropolitan Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Vagabond Inn Executive Hollywood
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Grauman's Chinese Theater- 28 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Hollywood Sign- 13 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Hollywood Boulevard- 6 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Universal Studios- 13 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Hollywood Wax Museum- 7 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Walk of Fame- 22 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Kodak Theatre- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Warner Brothers Studios- 2 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Hollywood Bowl- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Ripley's Believe It or Not- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Hollywood Things to Do