"The Crashing Waves of BIG SUR!" Big Sur by Krystynn
Big Sur Travel Guide: 307 reviews and 886 photos
Welcome to the beautiful coastal town of BIG SUR.
If you're driving down the Highway 1 route (from Los Angeles to San Francisco), then stop by - you must - at this rustic coastal Californian town. Big Sur is one of the loveliest places I've had the pleasure of visiting.
On one side of the narrow but BREATHTAKING 2-lane road (Highway 1) lies the 5,000ft mountain(s) and on the other side, the magnificent Pacific Ocean.
(Please see pic above to grasp what I'm trying to say).
BIG SUR and Highway 1 are indeed known the world over for its spectacular beauty. Highway 1 also offers numerous scenic look-outs for drivers who would like to take their eyes off the road (albeit briefly!) and focus on the majestic coastline. :-))
Just remember to DRIVE CAREFULLY. Highway 1's sharp curves and steep hills still preclude high speed driving.
Yes, this magnificent stretch of coastline DOES indeed have something to offer every visitor. So, relax and.... just soak in the awesome beauty of this timeless place.
Please read this page together with my other travel pages on:
For a look at HEARST CASTLE, I'm putting them up in my SAN SIMEON page. Feel free to check them all out later O.K.?
They are all closely related, you see.
"There is nothing like a comfortable adventure to put people in a good humor. . ."
- Peter Mayle
Live from: BIG SUR showing the spectacular Californian coastline.
Credit: Nepenthe Restaurant @ www.nepenthebigsur.com
Copyright © Krystynn 2004
Please do not take my personal pics without prior permission.
This is the impressive Bixby Bridge.... and you will surely see this bridge when you're driving along the Highway 1... more travel advice
O.K., I'm gonna leave you now for a short while so that you can enjoy your drive along Highway 1.... whilst my friends... more travel advice
- See All Visit the Henry Miller...
- No favorites... but you don't...
- Nightlife? What nightlife? ...
- If you're based in Big Sur,...
Krystynn's Related Pages
Big Sur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY 4th of July"
- "Big Sur: A Rare Gift"
- "It's the Journey, Not the Destination"
- "Big Sur, One of My Favorite Places"
- "Big Sur"
- "C'est beau, c'est Sur, c'est le Big Sur"
- "The Big Sur Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Big Sur
- Hotels in Big Sur
- Transportation in Big Sur
- Nightlife in Big Sur
- Restaurants in Big Sur
- Shopping in Big Sur
- Warnings and Dangers in Big Sur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Big Sur
- 21 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Big Sur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Big Sur
Photos in Big SurSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 63 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 61 reviews, 132 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 87 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 43 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 59 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue