Amsterdam Restaurant Tips by Krystynn
Amsterdam Restaurants: 1,111 reviews and 1,178 photos
This is the largest FLOATING restaurant here in Amsterdam - the <u>Sea Palace Chinese Floating Restaurant</u>. <i>Why don't you come here for a nice Tim Sum lunch??</i> It's yummy....believe me. Although it's a very touristy thing to do but...who cares! I miss my Chinese food SOMETIMES....
If you have the time to spare and explore the many interesting eateries and restaurants located in Amsterdam, wining and dining in this city can be a very eventful experience indeed. You can find lots of lovely restaurants in the Leidseplein, Spui and Rembrandtplein areas. In summer, almost all restaurants and cafes offer al fresco dining. Can't think of a better way to have your meal and people watch simultaneously whilst the strolling musicians come around to serenade you! Ah, this is the good life indeed.
Favorite Dish: If you suddenly crave for Asian (Indonesian) cuisine, then you must try <u>Rijsttafel</u> and <u>Nasi Goreng</u>. Amazingly, <i>Rijsttafel</i> has come to be known as one of Holland's national dish! <i>Huh?</i>
Directions: In and around <i>Leidseplein</i>, <i>Spui</i> and <i>Rembrandtplein</i>.
No favorite restaurants or cafes. And that's me seated at one of the many interesting cafes in Amsterdam.
Well, the ONLY gripe I have is in relation to one of Hilton Hotel's restaurants, <u>The Terrace Restaurant</u>, located at the lobby level. The food served is insipid and tasted almost yukky!! :-(( On one of the nights, I ordered Chicken Breast as my main dish and it turned up OVERCOOKED! However, the coffee I had after the meal was FANTASTIC! The best coffee I've drunk so far in Europe. So it is true then when people say that Dutch coffee is one of the best in the world.
We had a quick bite by one of these roadside stalls along the Volendam sea-front selling delicious (and inexpensive) seafood. Nothing fancy. But it's delicious enough to fill our growling stomachs! The seafood stalls found here are exactly like those in San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf!
Don't be astonished when you bump into beautiful Dutch women clad in their national costumes walking around the village! It's quite an interesting sight actually as we saw some eager tourists running after these women to have their pictures taken with them (the Dutch women). These ladies will almost always oblige. :-))
Favorite Dish: Seafood. Why, of course!
O.K., you MUST try the following Dutch favorites (and don't leave Holland without tasting ALL of them) -
Herring (a kind of raw fish... but it isn't raw-raw like in sashimi) with onions, Eel, Zalm (Salmon).
More Reviews (41)
- Kewl Dutch Souvenirs
- See All VOLENDAM, Here I Come!
- See All I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane....!
- See All
- See All You must check out their ...
Krystynn's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "dila's new Amsterdam Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 45 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 99 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 63 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 61 reviews, 132 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 87 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 43 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 59 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (73)
Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews
- 325 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- International Budget Hostel
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 21, 2013
- Hotel Piet Hein
- 232 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Memphis EMB Hotel
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hotel Adolesce
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 11, 2013
- Maas Hotel Amsterdam
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2012
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2012
- WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam****
- 228 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Camping Hostel Amsterdamse Bos
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Home & Away Apartments
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 29, 2012
- Hotel Crystal
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Heart Of Amsterdam
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Nh Tropen
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Colette's Family Homes Bed and Breakfast
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Camping Zeeburg
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 127 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 230 Reviews, 238 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 208 Reviews, 340 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 176 Reviews, 283 Photos
- Sex Museum- 45 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Dam Square- 88 Reviews, 157 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 65 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 158 Reviews, 170 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do