"NEVADA: Awesome Landscapes" Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada by Krystynn
Nevada Travel Guide: 10,312 reviews and 22,220 photos
Greetings from the home of adventure and glitzy entertainment!
There are many things to see and do here (besides gambling, that is). If you're a visitor to the United States, I can't think of a better recommendation than to advice you to rent a car upon your arrival and drive.... drive.... DRIVE! Why? Well, en route to wherever you're heading, you'd be able to marvel at some really spectacular scenery and if you're game enough, head to some of the world's most beautiful national parks located right here in Nevada.
If you're into adventure sports, I dare you to try a challenging climb at the Red Rock Canyon or drive to the scenic (wow!) Valley of Fire. How about camping or try some hiking over at the Grand Canyon National Park?
If you aren't into such sportive activities, you can also choose to relax in one of the numerous world-class (not to mention, famous) hotels here... yes, Las Vegas included. :-))
I hope you'd have a great time sightseeing in this lovely state... but pleeeeease, if you can... DON'T COME IN JULY/AUGUST! Very, very, very HOT!!! (Ouch). On some days, it was over 40 degrees Celcius (unbelievable)... and I almost fainted from heatstroke.
O.K.... don't laugh. I'm much wiser now and if I go back to Nevada again, I'm certainly not choosing July and August months to visit. hahaha....
Footnote: This travel page is written from my very first impressions of this beautiful state on my first visit in July 1997. I hope you'll find my experiences useful in helping you plan for your forthcoming holiday. Thank you.
Copyright © Krystynn 2003
Please do not take my personal pics without prior permission. Thanks.
- Pros:One of the most beautiful states in USA boasting of the most beautiful National Parks!
- Cons:The heat, baby... the heat! Don't come in July/ August. You'll end up looking like a baked lobster ;-)) Trust me on this.
- In a nutshell:Nature lovers & National Park enthusiasts (me!) will love the State of Nevada. So many things to see & do, so little time!
Note: ... Things to Do (9)
The Grand Canyon... Note: For more information on the Grand Canyon, please surf straight to my ARIZONA travel page.... more travel advice
The Grand Canyon again.... Statistics have shown that over 5 million people come annually to gawk into the abyss and... more travel advice
Krystynn's Related Pages
Nevada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Big Bold Beautiful Country"
- "Carson Valley 2003"
- "GEMS BEYOND THE STRIP"
- "Home in the Great Basin"
- "NEVADA: Awesome Landscapes"
- "Sneaking into Nevada under cover of darkness!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nevada
- Hotels in Nevada
- Transportation in Nevada
- Nightlife in Nevada
- Restaurants in Nevada
- Shopping in Nevada
- Warnings and Dangers in Nevada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nevada
- 62 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Nevada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nevada
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 63 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 61 reviews, 132 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 87 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 43 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 59 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue