"The Mighty Rock of GIBRALTAR" Gibraltar by Krystynn
Gibraltar Travel Guide: 1,122 reviews and 2,251 photos
Located at the entrance to the lovely Mediterranean... lies the beautiful country of <b>GIBRALTAR</b>.
Its strategic location and history has made <b>The Rock of Gibraltar</b> a very well known symbol of strength and every year, tourists who pop by Morocco or Spain will inevitably make a quick stopover to this lovely country. Like what we did. I hope you'd enjoy your short stay here in Gibraltar just as much as we did. Ciao!
<b><u>THE GIBRALTAR FACTFILE:</u></b>
Time: Greenwich Mean Time + 1 hour.
Climate: Mediterranean with mild winters and warm summers.
Area - Comparative: About 11 times the size of The Mall in Washington, DC
Total Population: 28.683
Work Force: 13,050
Currency: Gibraltar government notes and coins at parity with British currency. 1 Gibraltar pound (Gib £) (US$1.80) = 100 pence (pennies).
Main Religions: Christianity, Islam.
National Holiday: 10 September
National airline: GB Airways (Tel: 79300)
Telephone Code: 350
Official Language: English, please. And some Spanish spoken.
Tourism: Approximately 3,800,000 visitor arrivals per year.
<u><i>Above info courtesy of: The Official Gibraltar Tourism Board.</u></i>
Check out the Cradle of History Monument here in Gibraltar. more travel advice
The currency of Gibraltar is the Gibraltar pounds which is currently almost at par with the Sterling Pound. If you do... more travel advice
Krystynn's Related Pages
Gibraltar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gibraltar - The Rock"
- "A brief history..."
- "Gibraltar - A British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - Home of the Rock"
- "Gibraltar - Still a British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - not the best weather but still great!"
- "Britannia on the Iberian Peninsula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gibraltar
- Hotels in Gibraltar
- Transportation in Gibraltar
- Nightlife in Gibraltar
- Restaurants in Gibraltar
- Shopping in Gibraltar
- Warnings and Dangers in Gibraltar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gibraltar
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Gibraltar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gibraltar
- Posted in Travel Milan Forum "Re: Milan New Years Eve??"
- created a Gibraltar Travel Page "The Mighty Rock of GIBRALTAR"
- Wrote a Review Check out the Cradle of... about Statues / Monuments / Museums in Gibraltar Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Check out the Cradle of..."
- Commented on one of SirRichard's Gibraltar travel pages
Photos in GibraltarSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 63 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 61 reviews, 132 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 87 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 43 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 59 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Gibraltar hotel reviews
- Caleta Hotel
- 276 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel
- 468 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Emile Youth Hostel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Bristol Hotel
- 243 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Rock Hotel Gibraltar
- 734 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Queen's Hotel
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Ocean Heights Apartments
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- Cannon Hotel
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Continental Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Governor's Inn
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2012