"FORZA ITALIA!" Italy by Krystynn
Italy Travel Guide: 68,951 reviews and 184,300 photos
Do come back again soon. It won't look too bad after I've completed it. Grazie!
Get ready to let this beautiful country weave its magic spell on you: This is the land which invented the word "La Dolce Vita" so, expect nothing less, baby! ;-)
Year 1993: My lifelong dream of visiting Italy is materializing before my very eyes.... as our plane thunders off the Changi Airport airstrip (in Singapore) - Europe-bound!
When I first set foot on Italian soil in the early 1990s, I fell in love (heart first) with this country, her culture, language... and expressive people.... that I did not want to return home to Singapore! I never expected in my wildest dreams - less than a decade later - to be working for an Italian financial institution. And now, learning to master the Italian language.
This country boasts a rich history, a rich culture and a rich heritage. This is where rich treasures like the Roman Forum, the Colisseum, the Trevi Fountain, the Duomo (in Milano), the Leaning Tower of Pisa and St Mark's Basilica can be found.
Art aficionados can visit the Galleria degli Uffizi and Museo del Bargello in Firenze (Florence) or the Capitoline Museum and Castel Sant?Angelo National Museum in Rome for some of the best Renaissance art works.
Members of Shopaholics Anonymous are also not forgotten. The fashionista in you will come alive in Via Veneto & Via Condotti in Roma and Via Montenapoleone in Milano.
Food lovers will be delighted to know that la cucina Italiana is one of the best cuisines in the world today. Yes, Italian cuisine, that is. Feast on a meal of delicious Prosciutto con melone.... or slurp on a Made-in-Italia Gelato along the Spanish Steps in Roma or Piazza Duomo in Milano or Piazza San Marco in Venezia (Venice).
I know I can never do justice to a great land by describing the country in a few words and showing some of my vacation snaps here on VT. But I'll attempt to do my best and present a brief rundown of my favorite cities and towns within this country of close to 60 million people beginning with the magical isle of CAPRI.
Ah, CAPRI was our next vacation stop after spending 2 days in SORRENTO (and boy, Sorrento is indeed an eye-opener!). There are many ways to reach the island. But for some strange coincidence, we always seemed to choose to board the hovercraft even though I suffer from sea sickness. It is indeed a very well known fact that the waters off the BAY OF NAPLES can get very choppy and rough. This is definitely not good news to folks who suffer from sea-sickness. Don't ask me what happened en route because I was busy popping pills to control my sea-sickness. A far safer method is to take the ferry but the journey is much longer.
In any case - once you reach the island, you'd immediately forget everything else (sea sickness included). This place is so BREATHTAKING and AWESOME that you'd be spellbound for sure.
If I have a choice, I don't ever want to leave this magical island! And it's no wonder (over these 6 years), I've visited CAPRI 3 times (a record to me). ;-)
If you wish to know more about CAPRI, you can surf over to my CAPRI page (but not yet OK? I'm as sloooow as a snail these days in updating my pages. Come back before the end of the next New Year! Oops, I was only joking... Come back soon!)
This travel page is written from impressions taken from my first visit to Italy in the early 1990s - as a first time visitor to this beautiful country. I have since become a regular visitor to Italy over the years. The travel tips will be penned from my most latest visits. So, not to worry. It won't be 'ancient' tips! ;-D
Mi piace I'Italia!
I LOVE ITALY!! And I mean it from the bottom of my heart.
"Traveling is the ruin of all happiness! There's no looking at a building after seeing Italy."
- Fanny Burney
Copyright (c) Krystynn 2004
Please do not take my personal pics without prior permission. Thanks.
- Pros:If you're a historical, culture + fashion vulture, Italy is definitely the place for you!
- Cons:I can't think of any! I'm serious. Oh, except maybe to say that MILAN is a terribly EXPENSIVE place to live in. ;-(
- In a nutshell:I love Italy. I love Italy. I love Italy. ;-) Forza ITALIA!
Ever wondered where are the Destinazione Paradiso places here in Italy? Well, wonder no more! Over at NORTHERN ITALY:... more travel advice
Interested to rub shoulders with more superstars of Serie A? Then, why not head to "Baci e Abbracci" - one of the... more travel advice
- See All Made-in-Italia Leather Goods
- See All A Night At the Opera.... In ITALY!
- See All Se Siete In ITALIA In Vacanza....
- Take a 45-minute hydrofoil...
Krystynn's Related Pages
Italy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buongiorno Italia, Ti amo Italia"
- "ITALIA - PREGO!"
- "Italia nel cuore"
- "Italia - awakens passion, gives life & confidence"
- "Italy wishlist"
- "The Many Faces of Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Italy
- Hotels in Italy
- Transportation in Italy
- Nightlife in Italy
- Restaurants in Italy
- Shopping in Italy
- Warnings and Dangers in Italy
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Italy
- 301 Reviews
- 364 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Italy
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Favorite (Short) Weekend Getaways In ITALIA"
- Wrote a Review My Favorite (Short) Weekend Getaways In ITALIA in Italy Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Italy Travel Page "FORZA ITALIA!"
- Posted in Travel Milan Forum "Re: Milan New Years Eve??"
- Commented on one of utttz's Italy travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 63 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 61 reviews, 132 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 87 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 43 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 59 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (73)
Top Italy hotels
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Venice Hotels
- 8142 Reviews - 21399 Photos
- Florence Hotels
- 5082 Reviews - 11268 Photos
- Milan Hotels
- 2765 Reviews - 6830 Photos
- Sorrento Hotels
- 627 Reviews - 1400 Photos
- Positano Hotels
- 300 Reviews - 632 Photos
- Amalfi Hotels
- 255 Reviews - 728 Photos
- Taormina Hotels
- 259 Reviews - 697 Photos
- Pisa Hotels
- 1384 Reviews - 3892 Photos
- Trieste Hotels
- 744 Reviews - 1940 Photos
- Verona Hotels
- 1694 Reviews - 4251 Photos
- Siena Hotels
- 890 Reviews - 2681 Photos
- Lucca Hotels
- 568 Reviews - 1478 Photos
- La Spezia Hotels
- 120 Reviews - 250 Photos
- Palermo Hotels
- 472 Reviews - 1147 Photos