Milan Transportation Tips by Krystynn Top 5 Page for this destination
Milan Transportation: 280 reviews and 308 photos
For a first-time visitor to Milan, don't forget to hop onto a typical Milanese tram called CiaoMilano for a wonderful sightseeing experience.
The tram departs daily, at 11am, 1pm and 3pm from Piazza Castello.
(Note: From November to March = No tram rides at 3pm).
The tour should last approximately 2 hours and this very same ticket also allows you to get off the tram for a walk and then get on the next one.
Tickets? No worries, you can buy them as you board the tram.
Sadly... and speaking from experience, cabs are not very easy to flag down on the streets of Milan. They just don't do it here.
What's the best thing to do for a tourist?
Well, I'd advise you to go to a cab stand or call for a radio taxi. On rainy days and during the Fiera Milano (expo center) where big events are held, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a cab! Oh, and please remember that when calling for a radio taxi, the meter starts running as soon as the driver gets the call!
The most memorable cab fare I've paid for here in Milan?
Approx. ?70 from Milan city center to Malpensa International Airport to catch my international flight home to Singapore. Sadly, there are no direct flights to Singapore. Direct flights to Singapore are only via Roma.
So my favored route would be Milan to Frankfurt on Lufthansa; and then from Frankfurt to Singapore on Singapore Airlines, of course.
HOT TIP: Many radio taxi dispatchers don't speak English. So please ensure that you learn a few choice Italian words and pronounce them clearly and carefully. Some radio dispatchers do speak a little English and if you're lucky enough, they'll pick your call!
Important Phone Numbers (of Taxi Companies) in Milano:
Radio Taxi 02 8585
Radio Taxi 02 6767
Radio Taxi 02 5353
Radio Taxi 02 8383
Radio Taxi 02 3100
More Reviews (85)
- See All Specially for English & Italian Football...
- Dovrete essere intelligenti abbastanza...
- See All One of the best Neapolitan Pizzerias in...
- See All Milan vs Inter (Serie A)
- See All PRADA Italia!
- See All Parli Italiano?
- See All Visit the San Siro Museum
- Bring along a half-filled luggage...
- See All The HIPPEST Store In The Whole of Italy!
- See All Catch the Italian Grand Prix in MONZA!
- See All When I First Came To Milan, I Stayed...
- The Milanese Man (& Woman)
Krystynn's Related Pages
Milan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- "Home sweet home!"
- "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- "Milan - surprising and fascinating"
- "Visconti? Sforza? Leonardo? Just Milan!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milan
- Hotels in Milan
- Transportation in Milan
- Nightlife in Milan
- Restaurants in Milan
- Shopping in Milan
- Warnings and Dangers in Milan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milan
- 87 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 60 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Milan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milan
- updated a Milan Travel Page "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The European Champ Returns To Milan 2007"
- Commented on one of mirko77's Milan travel pages
- Wrote a Review Specially for English & Italian Football Fans! in Milan Nightlife
- Posted in Travel Milan Forum "Re: Milan New Years Eve??"
Photos in MilanSee All Photos (103)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 63 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 61 reviews, 132 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 87 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 43 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 59 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Duomo - Cathedral- 195 Reviews, 444 Photos
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II- 108 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Theater alla Scala- 57 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Castello Sforzesco- 102 Reviews, 241 Photos
- Cenacolo - Last Supper- 49 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Naviglio Grande- 15 Reviews, 36 Photos
- San Siro Stadium- 24 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Como - Daytrip- 13 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Shopping or Fashion District - CLOSED- 31 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Basilica Sant'Ambrogio- 30 Reviews, 100 Photos
See All Milan Things to Do