Casablanca Things to Do Tips by Krystynn

• Written Aug 24, 2002

IF you can, try... - Casablanca

IF you can, try...

SHOPPING!

IF you can, try and <u>AVOID the tourist shops</u> here in Casablanca.

Yes, it is hardly ever the tourist souvenir shops I find terribly exciting. And the things they sell there cost a bomb (<i>even after bargaining!</i>). What I would humbly recommend is that you head straight to the souks, drug stores and specialty shops. These are the places that will offer creative treasure-trove of goodies. <i>Really</i>.

When I find a shopping spot I really like, the address, telephone and fax number is noted in my digital diary. This way, I can return on my next trip, re-order specialties by mail, <i>if necessary</i>, and I can share my best finds with my girlfriends back home when they go off traveling.

And finally, strike when the iron is hot! <i>What do I mean?</i> Well, many times I would buy 2 or 3 of the same item that really catches my fancy. When I go back home to Singapore, these treasured items will be stored inside my gift drawer ready for special occasions and holiday gift-giving.

<i>Your friends will definitely LOVE you for being so resourceful and brilliant.</i> :-D And besides, things here in Morocco are REALLY CHEAP.

You can buy souvenir items like <u>miniature 'Ali Baba'-shoes</u>, <u>miniature Moroccan red caps</u> (A VT member told me it's called 'fez'... Thanks, <b><u>Larsy</b></u>), <u>Moroccan kaftans</u>, <u>Moroccan mint tea</u>, <u>Moroccan ethnic dolls</u>... etc. I even managed to buy <u>name chops (of my name) written in ARABIC</u>! All of them for a steal. <i>See?</i> The choices are simply endless!

Review Helpfulness: 1 out of 5 stars

• Written Aug 24, 2002

Krystynn

“There is beauty everywhere. Just put your heart into your eyes”

Badges & Stats in Casablanca

Have you been to Casablanca?

Latest Activity in Casablanca