"My Home Away From Home - MELBOURNE :-)" Melbourne by Krystynn
Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,377 reviews and 7,601 photos
Nope, this isn't the Eiffel Tower.
In fact, this enchanting monument is found right in the city of Melbourne - THE NATIONAL GALLERY OF VICTORIA. And the best time to photograph this monument is at Christmas time... when the entire city of Melbourne is gloriously lighted up!
Melbourne is my second home away from Singapore.
To me, it's like one of the major capitals of Europe - a cross between Brussels, Amsterdam and Paris. You'd never imagine a city like Melbourne to have soooo many major qualities to attract an average tourist/ traveler. This city simply grabs and spellbinds you and before you even know it, you'd soon fall in love with everything about this place!
The people here are just sooooo friendly and hospitable. It's almost unbelievable.
The food is fantastic and inexpensive too. Entertainment here is first class and can rival ANY major European and American cities!
If you wish to go skiing, you can head straight to Mt Buller. Just remember that the Australian winter starts from end-May; so if you were to go in December...er... soooorrry! No snow for ya....
If you want to get far away from the maddening crowd (hm!), you can drive out to the Great Ocean Road and meditate before the Twelve Apostles (one of nature's wonders)... or to the Grampians National Park and just lose yourself there.
There are just so many things to do and see here that you'd never, ever get bored.
MY TRAVELOGUE: Please check out my "GREAT OCEAN ROAD" Travelogue for more pics of this scenic area. A place you really shouldn't miss when you're in Melbourne.
"People travel to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering".
- St. Augustine
Copyright © Krystynn 2004
Please do not take my personal pics without prior permission.
And this is none other than the much-talked about MORNINGTON PENINSULA. Lovely eh?? (I took this shot from atop... more travel advice
take a side-trip, preferably during the weekends, to SORRENTO (located along the Mornington Peninsula) to sunbathe or... more travel advice
- See All And of course, needless to add...
- Packing List
- Melbourne is pretty safe. ...
- See All The Crown Entertainment...
Written Jan 17, 2004
The Great Ocean Road, VIC
Written Jan 17, 2004
Amazing Look at Melbourne...
Krystynn's Related Pages
Melbourne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wherever I Lay My Hat - That's My Home"
- "Melbourne - Our Home for 2005 and 2006"
- "IMPREXXION: MELBOURNE"
- "Melbourne is a Dive"
- "Sweetberry's "Melbourne Page""
- "Melbourne - The Place to Be"
- "Melbourne - My Second Home !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melbourne
- Hotels in Melbourne
- Transportation in Melbourne
- Nightlife in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Warnings and Dangers in Melbourne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melbourne
- 52 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 90 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Melbourne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melbourne
Photos in MelbourneSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 63 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 61 reviews, 132 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 87 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 43 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 59 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue