Bangkok Off The Beaten Path Tips by Krystynn
Bangkok Off The Beaten Path: 327 reviews and 529 photos
I can almost anticipate you asking me - So, how do I get to this place??
Well, there are several options really that you can take:
1. Join a 1-day excursion which you can book with your hotel concierge in Bangkok. This was the option we took. Paid 950 bahts (I bargained with the OTS Travel Agency for further discounts! Am I smart or what?!!). ;-) The only snag is that we were picked up from our hotel at 6.45AM. Yawn... I thnk I must be crazy to wake up this early even when I'm on holiday!!! Sigh.
2. Take the public bus to Ayuthaya. God bless you.... I foresee a looong, winding and dusty journey ahead. :-) Not for the faint-hearted like me. There is a daily bus service which runs from Bangkok to this city and vice versa. But pleeeeease don't ask me for the bus schedules. I don't have them!!! I reckon you can contact either the Land Transport Authorities OR contact the Thai Embassy for more details.
3. Hop onto the train from Hua Lampong Station in Bangkok to this city . I do know that the train leaves every half hour on the hour. Again, you'd be safe if you check directly with the relevant authorities.
4. A most interesting way to travel to Ayuthaya is via longtail boats from Bangkok, but the trip can be rather looooong. So, set aside at least 3 hours for traveling if you choose to travel via this method.
AYUTHAYA's 2 fearless warriors.... :-))
The Triple Stupas found here in the ancient Siamese city of <u><b>AYUTHAYA</u></b>.
The ancient ruins of <u><b>AYUTHAYA</u></b> again... :-)
Another glimpse of beautiful <b><u>AYUTHAYA</u></b>.
Spend some time to explore the ancient city of <b><u>AYUTHAYA</b></u>, located just 85 kilometers (?? miles) north of Bangkok.
With a population of about 60,000 people (my guidebook said so), this city is reputed to be the oldest in Thailand.
I would also highly recommend that you visit the interesting and famous '<b>Historical Park</b>'. Most of the temples in the area had been destroyed by the Burmese army during one of the many wars Siam fought with her neighboring countries. <Br>
Today, what's left of this entire area of temples are - plain ruins. But they are still oh-so-awesome! This city isn't large so you will be able to get around and see most of the sights and ruins within one day.
<b>Phonto Below:</b> That's me in the pic below amongst the temple ruins of Ayuthaya.
<b>If you wish to know more about <u>AYUTHAYA</u>, please check out my <u>BANGKOK TRAVELOGUE</u> page (top right hand corner of this main page).</b>
More Reviews (40)
- See All Go to PATPONG at night. ...
- See All Definitely the THANYING Thai...
- See All GRAND HYATT ERAWAN HOTEL here...
- See All Hm.... My personal...
- Packing List
Krystynn's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cremona Hotels
- Munsan Hotels
- Sidestrand Hotels
- Findon Hotels
- Departamento de Montevideo
- San Martín de los Andes
- Kochi Off The Beaten Path
- Marlay Park
- Grand Marais Off The Beaten Path
- Bangkok Off The Beaten Path
- Residential Areas
- Gold Coast Off The Beaten Path
- Shinjuku Off The Beaten Path
- Hurghada Off The Beaten Path
- Mississauga Off The Beaten Path
- Zante Off The Beaten Path
- Lago di Garda & surroundings of the town
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 50 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 140 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (117)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 63 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 61 reviews, 132 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 87 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 43 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 59 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Bangkok hotel reviews
- Navalai River Resort
- 428 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Miramar Hotel Bangkok
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2013
- Niran Grand Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2012
- FuramaXclusive Asoke
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Ratchada City Hotel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 18, 2013
- The Bed & Breakfast
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2012
- Sawasdee Bangkok Inn
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Big John's Guesthouse
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Siam Orchid Inn
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Ibrik Resort by the River
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 23, 2013
- White Lodge
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 29, 2013
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Adelphi Grande Bangkok
- 175 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- A-One Bangkok Hotel
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- Grand Palace - Wat Phra Kaew- 394 Reviews, 748 Photos
- Floating Market- 116 Reviews, 225 Photos
- Wat Arun - Temple of the Dawn- 151 Reviews, 286 Photos
- Chatuchak Weekend Market- 105 Reviews, 157 Photos
- Wat Pho- 217 Reviews, 439 Photos
- Traditional Thai massage- 48 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Chao Phraya River- 107 Reviews, 196 Photos
- Ayuthaya - Old City- 50 Reviews, 112 Photos
- Baiyoke Tower- 27 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Wat Traimit - Temple of the Golden Buddha- 61 Reviews, 117 Photos
See All Bangkok Things to Do