"Travel is not just a hobby, but a passion!" Electrcrio's Profile

How did it all begin?

Well if you are looking for the answers to how the world began you are asking the wrong person. But if you wanted to know how my love for travel started then you have found the right place!

From as young as a year old I have been traveling with my mom. She took me to California in 1980 and that started it all. I was fortunate enough that during my teen years my mom was working for a company that sent her on a vacation every year to some new and exotic locale.

At the age of 13 I left the country for the first time and went to Mexico. After that I was hooked. For my 16th birthday gift my mom took me to Egypt, at 18 my best friend Nicole and I traveled through Europe for 2 months.

In college I met my husband (who also has a traveling bug) and we have gone somewhere every year since we have been together...10 years and still counting!

Recent updates

It was with much debate that we settled on this trip (actually it was me debating with myself and Brian agreeing to everything so long as we actually went someplace!) I figured that a cruise would be a good way of getting to see several places in the Caribbean and then being able to pick where I would want to spend more time...
The cruise is leaving from Miami and going to Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Labadee and Cozumel...All places we have never been so its really exciting to get to mark three more countries!

2008 is hopefully going to be filled with travels for my family and I hope for yours as well!!!

Our "little bean"

Since this is my welcome page, I thought I would share a picture of our puppy Ella here. She is a bit less than a year and a half old and we got her in December 2004 after we came home from our Honeymoon. She is a "long hair chihuahua" but my husband and I think that she has to be mixed with something else since she is pretty big for a chihuahua...Well, no worries because we love her to bits!

This shot was taken during the Blizzard of '06 that took place last weekend (Feb. 11-12 2006) and dumped almost 27" of snow in New York City...A new record for us!!! It was Ella's first time out in snow...

And our other little one

Sydney is our newest addition to the household. We got her in May 2006 and I swear she is the happiest dog in the world. Nothing gets her down. She is such a sweet dog, I have never heard her growl and she rarely barks. But don't get me wrong she can be a little terror chewing things up while we are not home!!!

She loves to play with her big sister Ella but most of all she loves to cuddle on the couch!

• Intro Updated May 14, 2011

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2007 at 12:04 PM

The entire Monterey Bay area is worth seeing, all the way up to San Francisco and the wine country.

• chbuchie's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2007 at 1:11 AM

hello there, I'm counting down and looking forward to see NY next week !! greetz, C

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Our whole trip through Greece-Albania-Bosnia-Montenegro-Croatia-Slovenia and Italy was great. What would you think of a traditionnal Albanian breakfast with a soup of mutton trips served with rice? Amazing but yummy!

• Cielo_Algaeed's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Thank you for the bday greetings!

• ahoerner's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2007 at 3:36 PM

Thanks for your birthday wishes... !

• shashasharon's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 8:18 AM

hippo birdie 2 ewes, hippo birdie 2 ewes..have a good one fellow aries xoxo shasha

• sarrahh's Profile Photo

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:18 PM

Happy Birthday to you:-)

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Happy New Years ! St Thomas was excellent. I'm headed to NYC tomorrow to check out the boat show at The Javitz Center.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

Electrcrio

“There's a million places in the world, pick one and visit it!”

Ranked Member