"Kuala Lumpur" Kuala Lumpur by a2lopes
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 5,981 reviews and 13,478 photos
It was really great to live side by side with these towers one semester when I was teaching in International Islamic University Malaysia, in KL.
What a nice view to have - Petronas Towers in front of my window from dawn to dusk or vice-versa (Petronas , short for Petrolium Nasional Berhad).
Not just because :
- its impressive 452m, a great piece of engineering by itself -the tallest building in the world from the date of its completion 1998 until 2003, and still the largest twin towers in the world
- the pleasing proportions of the successive different sections of the towers which are close to the golden ratio or golden rectangle based upon the Fibonacci numbers (yes…I’m teaching mathematics)
- the elegantly designed in polished stainless steel and glass buildings reflecting sun light in all shades
- the silhouette of the tapering twin towers in a beautiful Islamic-influenced geometrically octagonal plan connected by the sky bridge... and the great view we can get from the bridge
- we can see the towers from the mountains 50 km apart or from the sky when the plane is going up or down (KL Intl Airport is also 50 km apart from KL)
- the beautiful auditorium within the towers where you can see the great performances of the Dewan Filharmonik Petronas and the Petronas Performing Art Group ...and some tickets are just 10 RM (ringgit means "jagged" in Bahasa Malaysia language)
- the shopping galore and the yummy food court @ Suria KLCC (suria means sunshine in Bahasa Malaysia language)
- the 20 hectare Public Park around with the kids corner, the waterfalls, the fountains and its beautiful water/light works, and the shimmering and glowing effect of the As-syakirin mosque -a jewel-like appearance
Well that’s because all of this and much more...
You can make virtually all kind of photos with the towers as main theme or just as a bonus: landscape, family, sunny, fogy, “I’ve been there”, "look at me...", etc., etc.
a2lopes' Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 59 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal 17 reviews, 73 photos
- Europe 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Asia 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cascais 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Libya Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Óbidos Intro, 3 photos
- Sesimbra Intro, 3 photos
- Seoul Intro, 2 photos
- Africa Intro, 1 photo