"AMSTERDAM - A Global Village!" Amsterdam by mindcrime

Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,251 reviews and 21,503 photos

I stayed in this great city for 8 days. My hotel was on Singel canal at a great location right to the center 2 minutes from Dam square.

The city is walkable and you can see all the basic sights there. There are 10 tram lines that start from Central Station, a station that every hour is full of tourists that coming from all over the world to enjoy the great museums (3 great ones at Museumplein), the neverending nightlife at Leidspein/Rembrantplein, the coffee shops, the famous Red Light District, the variety of cheeses, the flower market or other flee markets etc

The first day I did a boat tour just to have a good view of the city from the canals. Everyone in the city has a bicycle and this is a great way to explore the city, go to the parks or even get out to the suberbs.

I had A'dam as a base and almost every day I was doing daytrips to other towns or cities by train like Haarlem, Utrecht, Arnhem, Rotterdam, Gouda, Den Haag, Enkhauzen, Alkmaar, Leiden, Delft, all of them within an hour from A'dam except Maastrict which was 2h and 10m away.

My favorite area in A'dam is Jordaan with nice narrow streets, small cafes nad tiny strange stores.

• Last visit to Amsterdam: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 17, 2007

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Good overview and great tips on Amsterdam. I would love to buy tulip-seeds-but they would never pass through our customs unfortunately. Nice photos.

• Vanity666's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Love the pic with bicycles ;) I hope to visit Amsterdam soon, nice photos and tips BTW

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 1:29 AM

I see one Amsterdam bicycle becoming famous. PJ

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 12:49 PM

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Amsterdam. I also rented a bicycle for a few days when I was there last year, and had a great time cycling all around.

• BMer's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Oh my god! That's the same bike I took a picture of... and the same spot!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Nice page on such a fun city.

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Amsterdam

Have you been to Amsterdam?