"AMSTERDAM - A Global Village!" Amsterdam by mindcrime
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,375 reviews and 21,791 photos
I stayed in this great city for 8 days. My hotel was on Singel canal at a great location right to the center 2 minutes from Dam square.
The city is walkable and you can see all the basic sights there. There are 10 tram lines that start from Central Station, a station that every hour is full of tourists that coming from all over the world to enjoy the great museums (3 great ones at Museumplein), the neverending nightlife at Leidspein/Rembrantplein, the coffee shops, the famous Red Light District, the variety of cheeses, the flower market or other flee markets etc
The first day I did a boat tour just to have a good view of the city from the canals. Everyone in the city has a bicycle and this is a great way to explore the city, go to the parks or even get out to the suberbs.
I had A'dam as a base and almost every day I was doing daytrips to other towns or cities by train like Haarlem, Utrecht, Arnhem, Rotterdam, Gouda, Den Haag, Enkhauzen, Alkmaar, Leiden, Delft, all of them within an hour from A'dam except Maastrict which was 2h and 10m away.
From 1/7 till 31/8 u can buy zomertoer card. With 59euros two people can take the train for two different days as much... more travel advice
At SCHIPHOL airport use the yellow machines(instructions in english), put 3.60euro for a ticket and take a train(one... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (219)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Just a complaint. About..."
- Commented on one of johngayton's Amsterdam tips
- Wrote a Review Daytrips with zomertoer card about Card & Passes in Amsterdam Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Daytrip to VOLENDAM and MARKEN villages"
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "AMSTERDAM - A Global Village!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 160 reviews, 475 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 60 reviews, 257 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 53 reviews, 190 photos
- Budapest Intro, 46 reviews, 196 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 46 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue