"Progressive Architecture!" Rotterdam by mindcrime
Rotterdam Travel Guide: 1,536 reviews and 4,070 photos
Rotterdam is a modern dynamic city, the second biggest city of Netherlands after Amsterdam.
The population of Rotterdam is around 600.000 people but totally the larger area around has 1.200.000 people. It's a multi culti city with many people from Turkey, India, Morocco etc
What’s more it’s the biggest port in Europe and the third in the world. It is situated on the banks of the river Mass which runs through the city.
Things to do/see:
-admire the modern residential structures
-see some old buildings
-visit Boijmans Van Beuningen Museum
-visit the Kunsthal for contemporary art or design]
-visit Netherlands Architecture Institute
-go up to the 186 metres of The Euromast Tower for a panoramic view of the city.
-Rotterdam is full of music festivals all over the year, check them out before come
-The nightlife is very energetic too, many choices, dozens of clubs
-Feyenoord is the big football club of the city. A match against Ajax will be an experience for you!
-There are some cozy areas outside the centre. If you have time don’t miss them
It was a surprise for me that I didn't see any old city center with canals like in other cities in Netherland. Then I made my search and I figured this out. The city was completely destroyed at world war and they started to build it again.
Hopefully the made good job, modern but good!
- Pros:Great modern architecture
Here's a small list of some Jazz clubs: Porgy & Bess at Noordstraat 52 C5 Jazz at Schiehaven 11 Dizzy club at... more travel advice
The Cubic Houses built by Piet Blom in 1984. There are 32 cubes attached to each other. They are very funny to look at... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Rotterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rotterdam, the most vibrant Dutch city !"
- "Rotterdam - Ik ben een 010er!"
- "Rotterdam: new territory for tourists"
- "Rotterdam a BIG small city"
- "Rotterdam, harbour city."
- "Rotterdam: Architecture Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rotterdam
- Hotels in Rotterdam
- Transportation in Rotterdam
- Nightlife in Rotterdam
- Restaurants in Rotterdam
- Shopping in Rotterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Rotterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rotterdam
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (281)
Have you been to Rotterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rotterdam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 198 reviews, 609 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thessaloniki Intro, 80 reviews, 319 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 60 reviews, 257 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 64 reviews, 234 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 53 reviews, 190 photos