"Kleidonia" Klidhonia by mindcrime
Klidhonia Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
Kleidonia is a small village that is located at 930m altitude.
It is 50km north of Ioannina and belongs to Konitsa region, just some kilometers away from the borders with Albania.
It used to be called Litoniavista or Kleidoniaousta or Glitoniavista in the past (until 1953)
The village houses a traditional festival on august 6 when they celebrate Metamorfosi Tou Sotiros (Transfiguration of the Saviour) but also an interesting festival in september about trout!
We actually visited the village on our way to an old stone bridge that is located a few meters away from the bridge on Voidomatis river.
This is the spot where the hikers of Vikos gorge end up but also the starting point for those that will go for rafting etc
The old stone bridge was built in 1853 but we also loved the surrounding area, pure nature, with the river and the huge platanos trees (plane trees)
From Ioannina drive north at the main highway towards Kalpaki (about 30km from Ioannina) and after 10 more kilometers... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Klidhonia Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Klidhonia
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (300)
Have you been to Klidhonia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klidhonia
Photos in KlidhoniaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 208 reviews, 651 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thessaloniki Intro, 80 reviews, 319 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 60 reviews, 257 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syros Island Intro, 64 reviews, 242 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 64 reviews, 234 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue