Mykonos Transportation Tips by mindcrime
Mykonos Transportation: 39 reviews and 40 photos
bike rental in Mykonos
Chora of Mykonos is small so you can easily walk around and get lost on the maze of the small alleys. The port is about 600m away from the center but if you arrive at the new port (cruises, old ferries) you will need a taxi as it is 3km away from town. Arriving in chora we noticed a detailed map on the wall (pic 2) that will help you orient yourself and see the main sites (museums, churches etc)
There are several buses that connect Mykonos town with the beaches (like Paradise, Super Paradise, Platis Yialos etc) many time each day till midnight. The bus station is at Hora, in fact don?t expect any bus station, you will see the buses parked all together next to a square :)
There are also some taxis but sometimes you will have to wait long enough for one to come.
Alternative you can rent a car or a bike and things will be better for you. There are several rental companies near the port
fast ferry from Tinos island
Chora of Mykonos is located on the west side of the island. The old port that serves the fast ferries is located 600m away from the town while the new port that serves the cruises and the slow ferries is located about 3km north from the town. You will need a taxi from there, there are some also some local buses but not very reliable.
The boat connection of Mykonos with Piraeus and Rafina ports is great. You can find many companies for Mykonos with regular ferries (about 30 euros one way, the ride takes 5,5 hours) or catamarans that goes faster (3,5 hours but double the price). You can also travel here by boat from other islands like Paros, Santorini etc
There are also daily flights from Athens with Olympic or Aegean airlines but also from other European cities and many charter flights too. The package groups come this way all the time. Mykonos airport is 3km out of Chora. Taxis will wait outside the arrival hall.
More Reviews (14)
mindcrime's Related Pages
Mykonos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A place you must go when you go to Greece!"
- "Oh my! Mykonos!"
- "MYKONOS - HOME OF PETROS AND DOORWAY TO DELOS"
- "Mykonos, The Party Island"
- "THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH"
- "Chora of Mykonos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mykonos
- Hotels in Mykonos
- Transportation in Mykonos
- Nightlife in Mykonos
- Restaurants in Mykonos
- Shopping in Mykonos
- Warnings and Dangers in Mykonos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mykonos
- 16 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 39 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (285)
Have you been to Mykonos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mykonos
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ideas for Creating a Tip..."
- Commented on one of mindcrime's Mykonos travel pages
- updated a Mykonos Travel Page "Chora of Mykonos"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chora of Mykonos"
- Wrote a Review 3 wells and Agia Varvara church about Chora - Mykonos Town in Mykonos Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 201 reviews, 620 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thessaloniki Intro, 80 reviews, 319 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 60 reviews, 257 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 64 reviews, 234 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (104)
- Delos Island- 27 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Chora - Mykonos Town- 20 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Little Venice Quarter- 16 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Windmills- 16 Reviews, 31 Photos
- White Churches- 10 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Paradise Beach- 11 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Church of Panagia Paraportiani- 8 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Pelicans- 8 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Super Paradise Beach- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Elia Beach- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
See All Mykonos Things to Do