"Far beyond the shrinking skies" Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol by mindcrime

Bristol Travel Guide: 748 reviews and 1,671 photos

And it's been so long, that I can't explain / And it's been so wrong / Right now, so wrong (Portishead:“Half Day Closing”)

The first time I’ve heard about Bristol was in late 90s when I listened to Portishead, Massive Attack and Tricky. The trip hop scene of Bristol was since then part of my life with the vinyl records of Portishead always somewhere near me. So I started to get obsessed with the idea of visiting this city. I managed to do it on January 2009 and my expectations came true! I loved the fog in early morning when walking around the streets of Bristol and the peaceful parks I understood why all these bands played music like this. Of course Bristol has a lot more to offer with many choices for sightseeing, nightlife, eating etc

Did I see a moment with you
In a half lit world
I'm frightened to believe
But I must try
If I stumble if I fall
I'm reaching out in this mourning air, ohh

(Portishead: “Mourning Air”)

Although the masterpiece in Bristol is the Clifton Suspension Bridge there are some others beautiful and important bridge like this old one that I took a photo one cold night. It’s the Bristol bridge that was built in 1768 over and old wooden bridge that used to there during the medieval era.

• Last visit to Bristol: Jan 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 10, 2010

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2011 at 3:40 AM

~ Hello, Konstantinos ! Thanks for your virtual tour of Bristol! ~ I see it's a splendid city and is worth visiting....

• northeast80's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2010 at 6:53 AM

You've got better Bristol pages than I have :-) I'm glad you like it here. Emma.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Hi, been wanting to visit Bristol but havent got there yet - thanks for your excellent tour with great pics here!Enjoyed the architecture and suspensin bridge pics and esp REd Lodge.

• Elenitsa's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2009 at 6:06 AM

Great page....and, I don't wish to upset you, but I saw Thin Lizzy at the Colston Hall (twice!)

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2009 at 7:26 AM

nice page, that royal york crescent is beautiful, great architecture in this town. never seen a gothic church i didn't like, nice pictures.

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Bristol

Have you been to Bristol?

Latest Activity in Bristol