"west suburb of Greater London" Top 5 Page for this destination Ealing by mindcrime
Ealing Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 172 photos
We visited Ealing because we have some friends that live there. Ealing is a nice suburb of London situated in West London, you need about an hour to approach the area on tube from the city centre. It’s not a place where tourists could spend days but it’s great for a daytrip from London or a bit more if you want to relax for a while and if you don’t care to be a bit far even to use it as a base for your explore into London!
Ealing was always an area that had a lot of immigrants so there’s no surprise you can see a lot of Asian restaurants and stores but there are also a lot of people from Poland.
Although once a small village away from London (it’s about 13km west of central London) it is now a large area at the end of central line on tube (and that’s one of the reasons many people live there due to easy access into the city) and part of Greater London since 1965. The town developed rapidly right after the opening of the railway station in 1838.
What we liked most here was the fact that there were many green spaces, some great small and big parks, the local children are very lucky to live in an area like this. For us it was very relaxing, we walked some of the parks, we visited some local galleries, we saw some churches and drink beer at some local pubs (the area is full of cafes and restaurants anyway)
- Pros:a lot of green areas, nice escape from London
- Cons:not much to do/see the second day
This was the last place we had a breakfast before we say goodbye to our local friends and head for the station on a... more travel advice
This is a small café that we met with some friends for a coffee one morning. We ate a “vegetarian light”... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Ealing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queen of the Suburbs"
- "west suburb of Greater London"
- "Out of Ealing"
- "The 1st Ealing Page"
- "Queen of the Boroughs"
- "THE LONDON BOROUGH OF EALING -"
- "West London"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ealing
- Hotels in Ealing
- Transportation in Ealing
- Nightlife in Ealing
- Restaurants in Ealing
- Shopping in Ealing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ealing
- 10 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Ealing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ealing
Photos in EalingSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 99 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 48 reviews, 220 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Budapest Intro, 46 reviews, 196 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 46 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amorgos Island Intro, 51 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 56 reviews, 179 photos