"west suburb of Greater London" Top 5 Page for this destination Ealing by mindcrime

Ealing Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 172 photos

We visited Ealing because we have some friends that live there. Ealing is a nice suburb of London situated in West London, you need about an hour to approach the area on tube from the city centre. It’s not a place where tourists could spend days but it’s great for a daytrip from London or a bit more if you want to relax for a while and if you don’t care to be a bit far even to use it as a base for your explore into London!

Ealing was always an area that had a lot of immigrants so there’s no surprise you can see a lot of Asian restaurants and stores but there are also a lot of people from Poland.

Although once a small village away from London (it’s about 13km west of central London) it is now a large area at the end of central line on tube (and that’s one of the reasons many people live there due to easy access into the city) and part of Greater London since 1965. The town developed rapidly right after the opening of the railway station in 1838.

What we liked most here was the fact that there were many green spaces, some great small and big parks, the local children are very lucky to live in an area like this. For us it was very relaxing, we walked some of the parks, we visited some local galleries, we saw some churches and drink beer at some local pubs (the area is full of cafes and restaurants anyway)

• Pros:a lot of green areas, nice escape from London
  • Cons:not much to do/see the second day
  • Last visit to Ealing: Mar 2011
  • Intro Written Apr 4, 2011

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Such fun to find someone on VT who has visited and written about my home town of Ealing! If you come again you must let me know - we could meet for a coffee or beer perhaps :-) The Rose & Crown is just around the corner from my house!!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2011 at 8:39 PM

superb Ealing tips! glad to see you you continue to make such up-to-date VT tips....wonderful place - I love war memorials too :) Just visited one today here in la Jolla, San Diego :)

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2011 at 7:49 AM

that side street in ealing looks just like side streets in areas of queens where tourists don't go - except the cars are pointed in the wrong direction.

• Aitana's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Ealing seems a quiet place, not much to do except for the Jazz festival. Ideal for a peaceful life. Nice pictures and tips :-)

• iblatt's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Thanks for inviting me to a virtual tour of Ealing! Ilan

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Definitely a place I have not heard of! Great tips as always. Love old Victorian houses! Sorry Cafe Chai was not better but I do love the name. Hope all is well. What are your next travel plans? {Don't you ever stay home? ;-)) }

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2011 at 9:29 AM

In a village near Padova we also have those human looking statues, the funny thing is that they put child ones on each pedestrian crossing, scared the hell out of me first time I saw them! look like they are running across the street!! Nice page here

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2011 at 4:05 AM

I do like the idea of lots of squirrels running around in Walpole Park, how cute. The Victorian House look very old and grand, great phjotos, K

• Tuna_ank's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I love that kind of funny city sculptures. Thanks for sharing with us.

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Ealing