"Weird and beautiful!" Barcelona by mindcrime

Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,539 reviews and 21,846 photos

It was back in 1999 when I visited Barcelona for the first time when I wanted to see the amazing final match of football Champions League between Manchester United and Bayer Munich. I returned in 2009 to explore in a more relaxing way the sights of the amazing city. With 25’C degrees in middle march everything was perfect, nice walking around, great sea food, music and some new local friends. In 2012 we returned to see Bruce Springsteen live at Olympic Stadium.

Things to Do:

-Stroll around the small alleys of Bari Gothic, they are full of small cafes and restaurants.
-Visit the Cathedral, Santa Maria del Mar and Sagrada Familia
-Choose some of the many museums
-go to the beach!
-walk in a park, take the teleferic to Montjuic, visit the castle
-take a picture with a living statue at Las Ramblas
-Admire amazing art nouveau buildings
-Go away from the center
-see a football match in Camp Nou
-Do some day trips to other towns of Catalunya like Tarragona, Figueres, Girona etc

• Last visit to Barcelona: Mar 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 6, 2013

• isolatedpawn's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Amazing journey!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Your texts and photos brought back great memories of my extended visits to Barcelona (all of which were quite a while ago).

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
      Jan 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM

lovely city Don, since 1999 I return again and again... I guess it looked a bit different before the Olympic Games in 1992, especially the area near the port.

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2012 at 8:27 AM

hey did you happen to visit Bar del Pi near plaza de Sant Felip Neri? it was my favorite tapas bar in Barcelona!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2010 at 1:59 PM

ha ha Im so nutty that any trip from home into even elsewher in London, let alone out of London ends up with so many photos youd think it was a trip away too!nice page here-have to come back and see it proprly

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2009 at 6:13 AM

A really good detailed page I will have to come back to look at the restaurant tips as its now time to get back to work!!

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2009 at 5:25 AM

I've never been to Barcelona, but your pages certainly have given me food for thought! I'd esp. love to see the Gaudi church and the Picasso museum. Great photos. Very informative tips.

• Elena_blue's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Lovely page for a lovely city :-) Thanx for sharing!

• ozalp's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2009 at 6:26 AM

I thought I didn't miss Barcelona until I've read your page. Curved lines of Gaudi and colors+smells of La Boqueria! What a wonderful page.

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2009 at 5:07 AM

A marvelous page and wonderful tips. Takes time to go through them all, but I have saved many. Many thanks for all your efforts!

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2009 at 5:01 AM

took a while but i really enjoyed reading your tips through and through,loads of great information, nice pictures as expected. email to follow.

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Barcelona

Have you been to Barcelona?

Latest Activity in Barcelona