Madrid Nightlife Tips by mindcrime

Madrid Nightlife: 310 reviews and 302 photos

flamenco at Cafe de Chinitas - Madrid

flamenco at Cafe de Chinitas

CAFÉ DE CHINITAS: top class flamenco perfomance Flamenco Review

There are a lot of places to see flamenco in Madrid. This one is the most famous and the performances here is top class.

If you want to eat you can go there from 21:00 but preffered to save the money for some tapa bars so I dont know about their cousine. The show usually starts at 22:30 and lasts til 01:30 with a small break. Some of the dancers were amazing.

It’s better to make a reservation because there are always locals and tourists inside. Café de Chinitas is closed on Sundays.

Oh yes, the sangria was great! ;)

The place is amazing itself, situated in an old palace and we standing for a while at the entrance looking at the decoration and the old furniture around. Then we went up to the first floor where the show takes place.

Here's my small video

Check the interior at the virtual tour of their site:

Address: C/ Torija, 7. 28013

• Updated May 13, 2010
entrance of TEATRO ALBENIZ - Madrid

entrance of TEATRO ALBENIZ

TEATRO ALBENIZ: concerts and musicals Live music & shows Review

It was nice surprise to see a top greek singer live in Madrid. The theatre was full of locals which was another surprise for me. Later I learned that Haris Alexiou(video) is popular in Spain the last years. The sound in the theatre was great the perfomance good so we had a nice gig for 25euro.

The Albeniz theatre was built in 1945 and it is one of the biggest in Spain with 1040 people capacity. You can see here large scale theatre, dance and musical performances and also the annual Caja Madrid’s Flamenco Festival.

We bought our tickets online two days before. The theatre is located near Sol square so you can pass by and check who’s playing.

Address: c/La Paz 11, Madrid

Directions: just 2’ walk from Sol square (metro:Sol)

BOB SANDS BIG BAND at Bogui Jazz club - Madrid

BOB SANDS BIG BAND at Bogui Jazz club

BOGUI JAZZ: another jazz spot Live music & shows Review

Although I got bored with BOB SANDS BIG BAND(video) the place seemed nice to me. There are some chairs in the front of the stage where you can see the band but the place aint big anyway. We made a reservation before arrival to be sure though. The entrance fee was about 8 euros and then we payed for the drinks.

The concert started at 23:30 and lasted till 01:30. Bogui jazz club opened in 2005 and has live music every night. Check their site for the program list.

Address: c/Barquillo 29

Directions: at the intersection with c/Plamonte Take metro linea 5 to Chueca but Alonso Martinez and Banco de Espana are also close.

Phone: 91 521 1568 o 699 100 332

Website: http://www.boguijazz.com

CANAL STREET JAZZ BAND at Cafe Jazz Populart - Madrid

CANAL STREET JAZZ BAND at Cafe Jazz Populart

CAFE JAZZ POPULART: jazz and blues every night Live music & shows Review

This is another jazz spot in Madrid I love. Most of the night is packed with people standing while listening to the daily live performances. Usually the concert starts at 23:00 till around 02:00am. There is a small break at 00:00 when I realised how many people were inside the club...

If you want a table you can make a reservation or go there early. We were lucky and had a table next to the stage when we saw Canal Street Jazz band(video).

we just drink beers, we didnt see the menu so I dont know if food is available here.

Address: Calle Huertas, 22

Directions: in walking distance from Puerta del Sol. I think Metro Anton Martin is closer thought.

Phone: 91 429 84 07

LARRY MARTIN BAND at Cafe Central - Madrid

LARRY MARTIN BAND at Cafe Central

CAFÉ CENTRAL: jazz music Live music & shows Review

I always feel happy having around some nice jazz club. Café Cental is located in walking distance from Puerta del Sol and it's one nice jazz club that offers live music every night.

Usually the concerts start at 22:00 and lasts about 2 full hours. You can check their program and decide when to go. The entrance fee is between 9 and 14 euros.

Back in 2006 I saw a nice gig of Larry Martin Band(video). The place was full of people but we were there early and we told them that we wanted to eat so we offered a table right in front of the stage!

There are some salads, soups(3euro), spaghetti (6euro), plates with meet or fish and some sweets(4euro). We were drinking beers all night but I cant remember the cost… the side effect of the alcohol :)

Address: Plaza del Angel 10, 28012 Madrid

Directions: in walking distance from Puerta del Sol. metro:Sol

Other Contact: Fax 91 369 32 26

Phone: 91 369 41 43

EL PENTA bar - Madrid

EL PENTA bar

EL PENTA - VIA LACTEA: bars from the 80s

There are some bars/pubs in the old part of the city that date back from the 80s when the cultural revolution started after Franco’s death, known as movida madrilina and it had to do with a creativity not only in nightlife but also in theater/movies/fashion. I visited a lot of them, usually the people are standing, chatiing or dancing with their drinks. The music playlist are hits from now and then.

2 of them are in Tribunal district:
EL PENTA(pic 1) (c/ Palma, 4 tel:0034/914478460) was so crowded that I could hardly move but the people seemed to be in good mood.

VIA LACTEA(pic 2) (c/ Velarde, 18 tel:0034/914467591) was also good, with good drinks and relaxed people too. I don’t think I saw any tourist inside.

Theme: Nightclub

• Updated Nov 3, 2008

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Madrid