"Caves of Drach" Porto Cristo by mindcrime
Porto Cristo Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 54 photos
Porto Cristo a small port town on the eastern coast of Mallorca island, 67km from Palma de Mallorca and 13km from Manacor the biggest near by city.
The town of Porto Cristo don?t really attracts visitors itself and it seems that tourism isn?t the main income for them but numerous tour bus arrive for the near by impressive caves. Eastern coast of Mallorca is full of caves that can be visited like Cuevas del Drach and Coves dels Hams.
We decided to visit Cuevas del Drach (they are the most famous anyway), we went there early in the morning, we bought our ticket (12euros) and waited for the next guided tour to start. Although I?ve read that it gets packed by people it was almost empty at about 10.00 with only 2 buses with tourists.
There is a guide that walks slowly into the caves for about 800 meters and explains some things on several stops until we reached an area with a lake where people stand on benches, the lights go down and then you listen to some classical music while some boats are coming! After a while you realize that the music is coming from people on the boat that play in front of you for 15?.
After the small show you can take a small ride with the boat or just walk outside and visit the town where you can walk along the natural harbor or the marina. Although we saw some cafes and restaurants we didn?t spend much time here and drove to other parts of the island.
Cuevas del Drach (Caves of the Dragon) is one of the popular tourist spots on east coast of Mallorca. You can go there... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Porto Cristo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pretty and mid-way between vile..."
- "The Caves Without Dragons"
- "Porto Cristo"
- "Caves of Drach"
- "From beach to cave"
- "Amanzing caves"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Porto Cristo
- Hotels in Porto Cristo
- Transportation in Porto Cristo
- Restaurants in Porto Cristo
- Shopping in Porto Cristo
- Warnings and Dangers in Porto Cristo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Porto Cristo
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (282)
Have you been to Porto Cristo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Porto Cristo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 199 reviews, 612 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thessaloniki Intro, 80 reviews, 319 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 60 reviews, 257 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 64 reviews, 234 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 53 reviews, 190 photos