"daytrip to San An" San Antonio Abad by mindcrime
San Antonio Abad Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 58 photos
Sant Antoni de Portmany (or San Antonio Abad in catalan, originally called Port Magnus by the Romans) is an (extra) popular resort in Ibiza island which means most people come here for the countless parties caring only about the sun, beach and drink philosophy. Saying that you understand that it’s a place to avoid if you’re not a party animal and cant stand hundreds of young people that lets say forget their good manners back home after some drinks….
It is located on west coast of Ibiza, 15km west of Eivissa (the capital of Ibiza). Once a small seaside town that was based on fishing it is now a place with about 8000 inhabitants (second largest town in Ibiza) and thousands of tourists that come for the famous dancing clubs where famous DJs play. The town started to grow fast in the early 60s with huge hotels rising non stop and changing completely the town. It is very popular among young british tourists and that’s why usually all other people try to find other more peaceful places for accommodation.
We visited San Antonio as half day trip after checking some peaceful towns on the north coast. The main reason was that we wanted to check the famous spectacular sunsets as the town is located on the west coast of Ibiza it has the privilege of a gorgeous sunset so no surprise there’s a line of café/pubs (along Ses Variades coast line) that you have a great view of the sunset and of course you know that you are going to be overcharged for that :) Most café/bars there are famous (Café del Mar, Mambo, Savannah) with famous djs playing music (lounge before sunset, more beats after sunset)
Huge famous nightclubs include Es Paradis and Eden while on West End area you’ll find many bars that play loud music and annoying people trying to push you get inside, don’t worry freedom is just a couple of streets away… :)
But apart from the unpleasant clichés about this place we visited a nice church, we did some shopping, walked along Passeig de Ses Fonts that has some nice palm trees and numerous pavement cafes, enjoyed a light meal, a tasty ice cream and ended up at Café del Mar to enjoy the sunset before we return back to Eivissa.
Of course the most popular thing to do in San Antonio is to visit the Sunset strip and watch the spectacular sunset from... more travel advice
This is the main church of San Antonio. It was constructed during 14th century in a strange style, typical Ibicenco... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
San Antonio Abad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "daytrip to San An"
- "San Antonio Abad or Sant Antoni de Portnani"
- "Sant Antoni de Portmani"
- "Jumping Around San Antoni de Portamany!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Antonio Abad
- Hotels in San Antonio Abad
- Transportation in San Antonio Abad
- Nightlife in San Antonio Abad
- Restaurants in San Antonio Abad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Antonio Abad
- 6 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to San Antonio Abad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Antonio Abad
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 99 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 48 reviews, 220 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Budapest Intro, 46 reviews, 196 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 46 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amorgos Island Intro, 51 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 56 reviews, 179 photos