"San Miguel (Sant Miquel)" San Miguel by mindcrime
San Miguel Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 28 photos
With 1600 inhabitants (100 of them at the port) San Miguel is the biggest town of Sant Joan de Labritja municipality.
It’s located 18km north of Ibiza, 4km south of port de Sant Miquel, 8km west of San Juan, 20km east north of Sant Antoni.
We visited the town in the morning, it seemed very quiet almost a ghost town. We drove up to the one and only attraction which is a church from 15th century (Esglesia de Sant Miquel de Balansat) but it was closed too. We took some pictures around but the fact that we met with no one made us no choice and left the village to the famous caves of Can Marca which is the real attraction of the general area.
There is a craft market every Thursday on the main square, where you can also see traditional folk dances during the evenings. The big fiesta of the town is on 29 of September.
The town is not far from the port de Sant Miquel which is located only 4km away and it’s more popular among the visitors due to its white sandy beach. We didn’t like the port as it is just another nice natural harbor with a raw of huge hotels and other apartments along the coast. But if you travel down here you may want to try seafood at one of the restaurants there.
The real reason we visited the north coast of Ibiza was the must see visit to the caves of the area. Cova de Can Marca... more travel advice
San Miguel is located 18km north of Ibiza, 4km south of port de Sant Miquel, 8km west of Sant Juan, 20km east north of... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
San Miguel Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in San Miguel
- 4 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (81)
Have you been to San Miguel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Miguel
Photos in San MiguelSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 99 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 48 reviews, 220 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Budapest Intro, 46 reviews, 196 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 46 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amorgos Island Intro, 51 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 56 reviews, 179 photos