"Sóller" Sóller by mindcrime
Sóller Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 153 photos
Sóller is a small town at NW of Mallorca island, about 28km from Palma de Mallorca.
It?s a ideal for a daytrip from Palma especially if you combine it with a side trip to Port de Soller (4km from Soller) with the nostalgic old tram. Villages Fornalutx and Biniaraix that also located in the valley may also worth a visit but unfortunately we didn?t have time for them but we were impressed by a couple we met that told us that they visited all of them on foot. Of course the general area is a paradise for those who like hiking, mountain biking etc
Sóller has about 14,000 inhabitants. The city lies on a green (very fertile) valley but you can see that it?s surrounded by the hills of Serra de Tramuntana, actually you can see Puig Major, Mallorca?s highest mountain at 1443meter. The valley of Soller is famous of many orange, lemon and citrus trees, no surprise so many places in Soller offer fresh orange juice. The citrus trade with France brough lots of money during 19th century
Most visitors take the old wooden train from Palma, it goes (slowly) up the mountain through several tunnels before Soller. On your way back you can use a bus, its faster (and cheaper).
We had a car so we reached Soller by car, we parked in the town, we walked a bit around, checked the main sites around placa de la Constitution and then we took the tram down to the port.
If you visit it?s a pity to miss Port de Soller. As many other towns in Mallorca Soller has its twin town next to the... more travel advice
I was surprised how peaceful was the town away from Placa Constitucio. In the square visitors and locals gather at the... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Sóller Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caught among mountains, a wonderfull town"
- "Dreamlike harbour"
- "Travel like in 1927"
- "Across the Sierra de Tramontana by train"
- "valle de oro"
- "Puerto de Soller"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sóller
- Hotels in Sóller
- Transportation in Sóller
- Restaurants in Sóller
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sóller
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (282)
Have you been to Sóller?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sóller
Photos in SóllerSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 199 reviews, 612 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thessaloniki Intro, 80 reviews, 319 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 60 reviews, 257 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 64 reviews, 234 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 53 reviews, 190 photos