Wacken Shopping Tips by mindcrime
Wacken Shopping: 1 reviews and 4 photos
official Wacken tshirt
The first we do when we reach the festival is going to look for the official t-shirts and merchandise (pic 1). You have to be fast because the good ones will be sold out before the beginning of the festival. But every day they bring new ones, especially with the bands that play during that day.
There is also a big area called Metal Market (pic 2) where you can find many small shops and stalls with souvenirs, clothes, weird decoration stuff, metal accessories. It’s nice to walk there anyway the day before the live music starts.
What’s more there is a specific area (with a 2 euro entrance fee, valid for all days) where you can find vinyl records, cds, dvds etc (pic 3) I used to buy a lot of stuff in the past but last time (2009) were no better that the ones in Greece.
A great souvenir is the beer glasses. Every year they have some new logos on them, in 2009 it was the 20th anniversary and they were colored all over. You pay just 1 euro for each one. I usually buy some of them the first day and then I keep one just for refilling the beer.
Finally, inside the stage site you can find the stall of St.Pauli (pic 4) with great tshirts and other weird souvenirs with the logo of this small football team from Hamburg. The guys that work there are very friendly.
What to pay: official tshirts from 15 euros, plastic glasses from 1 euro, the problem will start if you get into the cd/lp section you will need a fortune.
More Reviews (8)
mindcrime's Related Pages
Wacken Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Wacken
- Hotels in Wacken
- Transportation in Wacken
- Restaurants in Wacken
- Shopping in Wacken
- Warnings and Dangers in Wacken
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wacken
- 9 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Wacken?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wacken
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 96 reviews, 203 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Budapest Intro, 46 reviews, 196 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 46 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amorgos Island Intro, 51 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 56 reviews, 179 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 52 reviews, 173 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 50 reviews, 174 photos