"Louisiana Museum of Modern Art" Humlebæk by mindcrime
Humlebæk Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 38 photos
Humlebaek is a small seaside town (35km north of Copenhagen, on the shores of Oresund). Some years before it was just a small fishing village and now a peaceful suburb of Greaten Copenhagen area. Hublebaek has some nice beaches but above all it houses one of the best museums in Denmark
The Louisiana Museum of Modern Art is obviously a good reason to visit this town. You can easily spend hours admiring its great collection of paintings, sculptures and other items on several different but interesting temporary or permanent exhibitions. It’s located up on hill, near the coast on a beautiful spot and even if modern art isn’t your cup of tea you will love the view (Sweden can clearly be seen) and you may have a picnic at the relaxing gardens around or –why not- try to swim with the locals at the beach below the museum.
Just take the train from Copenhagen Central Station (35’ away) or like we did visit Humlebaek on your way back from Helsingor (10’ away by train). Once in Humlebaek turn left and walk up to the museum (20’ away) or take the free bicycle taxi
Louisiana Art Museum is open Tuesday to Friday 11.00-22.00, weekends 11.00-18.00.
The ticket is 95DKK, expensive yes but worth every krone of it.
- Pros:Great museum, beautiful scenery!
- Cons:expensive ticket
I don’t think any tourist would ever visit the small town of Humlebaek if it wasn't for the Louisiania Museum of Modern... more travel advice
The wonderful park grounds of Louisiana Museum topped our visit there. First, we enjoyed the superb art collection and... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Humlebæk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Louisiana Museum of Modern Art"
- "Home of the World's Best Art Gallery"
- "A Seaside House Art Musuem"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Humlebæk
- 8 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Humlebæk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Humlebæk
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 99 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 48 reviews, 220 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Budapest Intro, 46 reviews, 196 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 46 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amorgos Island Intro, 51 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 56 reviews, 179 photos