"Koge" Top 5 Page for this destination Køge by mindcrime
Køge Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 87 photos
Køge is a small harbour town located on the Bay of Koge 39km SW of Copenhagen.
It has only 35.000 inhabitants but also a lot of old half-timbered houses (some really old, the oldest one dates from 1527!).
You can easily reach Koge by S-Train and offer yourself a lovely daytrip away from the busy capital. It doesn’t have any fortress (like Helsingor), a top class museum (like Humlebaek), or an impressive cathedral (like Roskilde) but it’s a picturesque small town where we had the chance to admire some really old buildings, walking the stone streets around the beautiful old medieval town center, walking by the river down to the harbour, enjoying the view from the tower of the local church. Although some visitors may find it boring we had a lovely day full of ice creams on a small calm town, it was a lazy warm summer day and were on holidays, what else could we ask for? :)
Due to its location on a natural harbour it was a popular market town since the medieval times (it was founded by royal order since the 13th century). A great moment in Denmark’s history took place in Koge, it was in 1677 when the great naval Battle of Koege Bay took place here.
For more info about the city check www.visitkoege.com but once there visit the local Tourist Info, the simple city map has some information about many of the attractions in the town center, I think they also organize walking tours in the city. For more info go to Vestergade 1 (on the main square)
We visited Vestergade street because there (at number 1) you can find the small Tourist Info. The lady gave us a small... more travel advice
Koge Torv (Koge square, also known as market square) is a large square covering an area of 9940 sq meters (the largest... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Køge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An old town on the edge of the big city"
- "Historic harbour"
- "A small jem near Copenhagen"
- "WELCOME TO MY KOEGE PAGE......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Køge
- Hotels in Køge
- Transportation in Køge
- Restaurants in Køge
- Shopping in Køge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Køge
- 12 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (214)
Have you been to Køge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Køge
Photos in KøgeSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 153 reviews, 447 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 60 reviews, 257 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Budapest Intro, 46 reviews, 196 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 46 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amorgos Island Intro, 51 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue