Rome Shopping Tips by mindcrime
Rome Shopping: 280 reviews and 294 photos
Campo de Fiori
We love checking the local markets in every city and in Rome the most popular is Campo de Fiori which was great to visit. It is full of colorful fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers with many visitors, locals and tourists. They also have many seeds, herbs, some cheese and many other useful and tasty things for a great lunch at home although if you staying in a hotel wont really need anything. We spent some time enjoying the perfumes but we also bought some fruits for the road
The square took its name (field of flowers) in middle ages when it was a meadow! There are cafes facing the market where you can sit and enjoy the people passing by.
Directions: We walked there after visiting the Vatican, it was 15-20’ away
Christmas bazaar at piazza Navona
As expected for a tourist city like Rome there are countless of souvenir stores all over the city center with the typical magnets, postcards etc We liked some small magnets with pinocchio
At Piazza Navona there was a big Christmas bazaar with many colorful souvenirs (pic 1) but also many street artists were selling watercolor paintings. We also saw similar paintings (plus some oil paintings) at Piazza di Spagna where they were also people that can draw a big caricature of you.
If you visit La Bocca della Verita don’t miss the man that sells some unique small flutes that have the shape of Bocca della Verita (pic 2)! And they cost only 5 euros! Great!
Pinocchios at Legno & Fantasia
We loved this shop! It’s a store full of wooden items, small games, dolls and of course some beautiful Pinocchios in many different sizes. We liked the quality (comparing to other similar stores we checked) and we bought a medium size Pinocchio with a beautiful wooden chair.
The place is ideal for gifts, most of the items are nicely carved and the variety is huge, even if you don’t have a lot of money you can buy a small item.
Address: via del governo vecchio n.102, Roma
Directions: 2' away from piazza Navona
Theme: Toys and Games
The area around Piazza di Spagna was so crowded that we couldn’t pass through! It was christmas period and people went crazy on shopping especially on Via Condotti where you find some of the huge brand names like Giorgio Armani, Valentino, Gucci, Prada, Bulgari, Cartier etc
People were lining outside many of these luxury stores just to get in! I wonder if they all had a lot of cash with them… :)
Although we didn’t buy clothes in Rome we had a feeling that clothing in Rome is less expensive than in Milan and of course you can find many small boutiques with much lower prices. There are some malls at the suburbs (we didn’t go but I’ve read about them) but there are so many streets with clothing stores that I cant see any reason for someone to go off the beaten path. Some streets you can check are Via Nazionale, Via del Corso and Via Cola Di Rienzo.
Theme: Women's Clothes
More Reviews (66)
mindcrime's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "weekends in Rome"
- "La Città Dei Sette Colli"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 70 Reviews
- 229 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (282)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
- Posted in Travel Corfu Island Forum "Re: Nightlife in Sidari, Corfu?"
- updated a Rome Travel Page "Roman Holiday"
- Commented on one of mindcrime's Rome tips
- Wrote a Review Santa Maria della Vittoria about Chiesa Santa Maria della Vittoria in Rome Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Santa Maria della Vittoria"
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (229)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 199 reviews, 612 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thessaloniki Intro, 80 reviews, 319 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 60 reviews, 257 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 64 reviews, 234 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 53 reviews, 190 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (97)
- Colosseum- 492 Reviews, 920 Photos
- Piazza Venezia - Vittoriano- 187 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Trevi Fountain - Fontana di Trevi- 341 Reviews, 565 Photos
- Spanish Steps - Piazza di Spagna- 304 Reviews, 480 Photos
- Roman Forum- 243 Reviews, 467 Photos
- Piazza Navona- 171 Reviews, 290 Photos
- Castel Sant'Angelo- 145 Reviews, 280 Photos
- Piazza Campo de' Fiori- 64 Reviews, 114 Photos
- Villa Borghese- 75 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Palatine Hill- 76 Reviews, 147 Photos
See All Rome Things to Do