"some hours in noisy Bodrum!" Bodrum by mindcrime

Bodrum Travel Guide: 717 reviews and 1,647 photos

Bodrum is the most famous holiday town of Mediterranean/Aegean Coast of Turkey, situated 254km south of Izmir.

It has 50.000 inhabitants but the population in summer jumps up to 500.000! It’s amazing that this place some years before it was just another village with fishermen but in our days many travellers from Turkey and abroad use it as a summer destination because it is famous for its bays, boat tours and nightlife. Of course this is also its main disadvantage, it’s very noisy and definitely more expensive than other Turkish towns.

You can go there by plane (a lot of charter flights from Europe), buses from every other city of Turkey or boats from greek islands (Kos, Kalymnos or Rhodes), boats from Marmaris or Datca or the numerous cruises of course…

We left Turkey by ferry from Bodrum, we took the one to Kalymnos.

In ancient times here was the city of Halikarnassus but there are only a few things to remind the place, Mausoleum has to be one of them although I used my imagination more than my eyes! :) I also used my imagination for the sun during my first visit in 2007! Everyone was telling me about it but at the end of October I found a cloudy town! :) But the basic reason for me visiting Bodrum was the beautiful castle of St. Peter that is the landmark of the city.

But during summer it seems the town never sleeps! We return in july 2014, we actually stayed at Gundogan (22km NW of Bodrum) but we travelled one evening to enjoy some drinks in a rock bar. Music plays all the time from the pubs everywhere. You can spend hours there drinking with other tourists or eat fish at one of the many restaurants along the promenade. You can always take a boat trip around the bays or like elsewhere in Turkey do some shopping in the bazzars or in one of the many souvenir shops. As for day trips you can go by boat to Kos or Kalymnos islands(Greece) or visit Ephesus by bus.

• Last visit to Bodrum: Jul 2014
  • Intro Updated Aug 4, 2015

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2007 at 3:38 AM

I finally got around to visiting your Bodrum page, mate...and it is excellent! Really great photos and tips! I visited Bodrum as a daytrip from Kos a few years ago; thankfully it was hot and sunny on that day, not a raindrop in sight! :-)

• Lyndra's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2007 at 9:49 AM

Merhaba Konstantinos, I'm a big Bodrum fan so I enjoyed reading your tips :-)

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Interesting page - Bodrum is on our short list for the next vacation. Seems a good place to visit. If you add any more tips, do please let us know. N.

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Bodrum