"Rainy day in Bodrum!" Bodrum by mindcrime

Bodrum Travel Guide: 710 reviews and 1,642 photos

It is the most famous holiday town of Mediterranean/Aegean Coast of Turkey, situated 254km south of Izmir.
It has 50.000 inhabitants but the population in summer jumps up to 500.000! Some years before it was just another village with fishermen but in our days many travellers from Turkey and abroad use it as a summer destination because it is famous for its bays, boat tours and nightlife. I liked a lot the palm trees around and of course the nice white cube houses (no other color is allowed) which make it kind of different than other resorts in Turkey like Kusadasi etc

You can go there by plane (a lot of charter flights from Europe), buses from every other city of Turkey or boat from Kos island(Greece), Piraeus or further (Italy etc)

During summer it seems the town never sleeps! Music plays all the time from the pubs everywhere. You can spend hours there drinking with other tourists or eat fish at one of the many restaurants along the promenade. But the basic reason for me visiting Bodrum was the beautiful castle of St. Peter that is the landmark of the city.
You can always take a boat trip around the bays or like elsewhere in Turkey do some shopping in the bazzars or in one of the many souvenir shops. As for day trips you can go by boat to Kos island (Greece) or visit Ephesus by bus.

In ancient times here was the city of Halikarnassus but there are only a few things to remind the place, Mausoleum has to be one of them although I used my imagination more than my eyes! :) I also used my imagination for the sun!

Everyone was telling me about it but at the end of October I found a cloudy town! :)

• Last visit to Bodrum: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 16, 2007

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2007 at 3:38 AM

I finally got around to visiting your Bodrum page, mate...and it is excellent! Really great photos and tips! I visited Bodrum as a daytrip from Kos a few years ago; thankfully it was hot and sunny on that day, not a raindrop in sight! :-)

• Lyndra's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2007 at 9:49 AM

Merhaba Konstantinos, I'm a big Bodrum fan so I enjoyed reading your tips :-)

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Interesting page - Bodrum is on our short list for the next vacation. Seems a good place to visit. If you add any more tips, do please let us know. N.

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Bodrum