"peaceful cave churches..." Cemilkoy by mindcrime
Cemilkoy Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 13 photos
Cemil is a small village at SW part of Cappadocia. I visited the village on my way to Soganli valley, a day that I stopped in many small old greek villages. Cemil like other villages of the area had a big population of Christian families but after the population exchange at 1923 they moved to Greece.
It was nice to walk around the peaceful alleys of the villages when the local started to walk up for their jobs, they were very friendly to me saying “gunaydin” (good morming) when I met some of them near the mosque of the village. Agriculture is the main income for the locals and as elsewhere I saw many pumpkins in many corners!
There aren’t mush to see except the old church.
Near the village, only 2km away, is the Keslik Monastery which isn’t as famous as Selime monastery but I liked it a lot because I was alone and I had a great peaceful feeling wondering around the place without seeing other visitors pose for pics everywhere :) After having one more tea with Mr Cabir, the guard of the place I continued my trip to Taskinpasha village.
Although Keslik monastery isn’t as famous as Selime monastery I had a great peaceful feeling wondering around here... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Cemilkoy Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cemilkoy
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (272)
Have you been to Cemilkoy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cemilkoy
Photos in CemilkoySee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 197 reviews, 606 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thessaloniki Intro, 80 reviews, 319 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 60 reviews, 257 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 64 reviews, 234 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 53 reviews, 190 photos