"peaceful cave churches..." Cemilkoy by mindcrime

Cemilkoy Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 13 photos

Cemil is a small village at SW part of Cappadocia. I visited the village on my way to Soganli valley, a day that I stopped in many small old greek villages. Cemil like other villages of the area had a big population of Christian families but after the population exchange at 1923 they moved to Greece.

It was nice to walk around the peaceful alleys of the villages when the local started to walk up for their jobs, they were very friendly to me saying “gunaydin” (good morming) when I met some of them near the mosque of the village. Agriculture is the main income for the locals and as elsewhere I saw many pumpkins in many corners!
There aren’t mush to see except the old church.

Near the village, only 2km away, is the Keslik Monastery which isn’t as famous as Selime monastery but I liked it a lot because I was alone and I had a great peaceful feeling wondering around the place without seeing other visitors pose for pics everywhere :) After having one more tea with Mr Cabir, the guard of the place I continued my trip to Taskinpasha village.

• Last visit to Cemilkoy: Oct 2008
  • Intro Written Dec 7, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2011 at 10:20 AM

I wish I could travel to Turkey with my family too.....

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2009 at 5:00 PM

mmmm this is my kind of village!!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Nice place which I didn't see! Thanks Konstantnos for sharing. Merry Christmas coming soon!

• Vanity666's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2008 at 4:03 AM

Those houses built in/on cliffs are surely fascinating... and it sure is a pleasure to walk around examining locals living their normal lives, without tourist rush....

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Cemilkoy

Have you been to Cemilkoy?

Latest Activity in Cemilkoy