"the gate to poetry!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Iguazú by mindcrime

Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide: 213 reviews and 601 photos

Puerto Iguazu was the ideal base for me, build at the meeting point of Iguazu and Parana rivers. After exploring big cities like Buenos Aires, Mendoza and Rosario it was relaxing staying at this small town of Missiones province at northwest part of Argentina (1500km away from Buenos Aires).

Puerto Iguazu has no more than 30.000 inhabitants and I stayed here for 3 full days and every morning I was doing side day trips…

Day 1(friday):I visited the brazilian side of the falls(Parque Foz do Iguacu)
Day 2(saturday):I visited San Ignacio Ruins
Day 3(sunday):I spent all day walking in the argentinian side of the falls, the Iguazu National Park

The centre of the city is really small, you can walk around, have a a dinner or a coffee but the truth is that the only place I visited often was the bus station to take the bus every day. The mains streets are Cordoba and Avenida Aguire and there I found exchange offices, the bank (not open during weekend but has 2 ATM), markets, restaurants, cafes etc It seems that everyone here works for the tourists and of course there are a lot of them around trying to reach the falls :) Inside the bus station there are a lot of companies offering excursions to the falls, to San Ignacio, city tour of the brazilian side etc

The city was peaceful enough with tree lined streets, easy going people everywhere but the humidity was high enough to set me back in the hostel after my excursions to the falls.

• Cons:tons of tourists
  • Last visit to Puerto Iguazú: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 1, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Good for you, Konstantinos! Thanks for your page!...

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Nice tips Kon, very informative. I have always wanted to visit South America, the long flight concerns me, but the rewards look fantastic.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Lots of great tips and beautiful photos on your Puerto Iguazú page! You certainly did a lot more than my wife and I did, with your excursions to the outlying areas. We loved this little town too!

• Vanity666's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Hey man... great place. And a great title ;) I want more of his kind....

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Iguazú

Have you been to Puerto Iguazú?

Latest Activity in Puerto Iguazú