"the gate to poetry!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Iguazú by mindcrime
Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide: 213 reviews and 601 photos
Puerto Iguazu was the ideal base for me, build at the meeting point of Iguazu and Parana rivers. After exploring big cities like Buenos Aires, Mendoza and Rosario it was relaxing staying at this small town of Missiones province at northwest part of Argentina (1500km away from Buenos Aires).
Puerto Iguazu has no more than 30.000 inhabitants and I stayed here for 3 full days and every morning I was doing side day trips…
Day 1(friday):I visited the brazilian side of the falls(Parque Foz do Iguacu)
Day 2(saturday):I visited San Ignacio Ruins
Day 3(sunday):I spent all day walking in the argentinian side of the falls, the Iguazu National Park
The centre of the city is really small, you can walk around, have a a dinner or a coffee but the truth is that the only place I visited often was the bus station to take the bus every day. The mains streets are Cordoba and Avenida Aguire and there I found exchange offices, the bank (not open during weekend but has 2 ATM), markets, restaurants, cafes etc It seems that everyone here works for the tourists and of course there are a lot of them around trying to reach the falls :) Inside the bus station there are a lot of companies offering excursions to the falls, to San Ignacio, city tour of the brazilian side etc
The city was peaceful enough with tree lined streets, easy going people everywhere but the humidity was high enough to set me back in the hostel after my excursions to the falls.
- Cons:tons of tourists
It’s a nice hostel 5’ walking from the bus terminal in a peaceful street. The rooms are too small but there is... more travel advice
1)For the argentinian side just go to the bus terminal and take the bus PRACTIKO(4pesos). There is one bus every 30’ and... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Iguazu - Very Nice!"
- "Puerto Iguazù - real authentic"
- "Puerto Iguazu, Argentina"
- "the gate to poetry!"
- "The Falls From the Argentina Prospective"
- "Puerto Iguazu... the door to the paradise!"
- "Small Town by the Big Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Iguazú
- Hotels in Puerto Iguazú
- Transportation in Puerto Iguazú
- Nightlife in Puerto Iguazú
- Restaurants in Puerto Iguazú
- Shopping in Puerto Iguazú
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Iguazú
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Iguazú
- 10 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Puerto Iguazú?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Iguazú
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 99 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 48 reviews, 220 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Budapest Intro, 46 reviews, 196 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 46 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amorgos Island Intro, 51 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 56 reviews, 179 photos