"no tourists!" Santa Fe by mindcrime
Santa Fe Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 52 photos
Santa Fe is the capital of Santa Fe province at NorthEast Argentina next to river Parana. It’s a small town with 350.000 inhabitants (the biggest and more famous city of Santa Fe province is Rosario).
There is nothing really touristic here to see but the two days I spent here were great because of the local friends I’ve made.
I was on my way to Iguazu Falls when I stopped at Santa Fe. I was in Rosario for some days and everyone was telling me “why do u want to go to Santa Fe, there’s nothing to see”. It’s true! No sightseeing, no big museums etc But the people are great, very warm and hospitable. The town is small enough that you can walk around and what I liked most was the walking along the riverfront (costanera) where everyone was every afternoon relaxing with their mate and admiring the river or the beautiful women… For the nightlife check out La Recoleta area where some nice pubs are…
If you want you can visit the San Francisco Convent and Church, the museo etnografico or the historical museum but there are a dozen bigger cities in Argentina for museums and this kind of stuff. For me, just go down the river and watch the people, look at the bridge that connects Santa Fe with Parana city.
Finally, if I ever return to Argentina I will definitely pass by again from Santa Fe to see my local friends that met only for some hours but you know how it goes…
Santa Fe was about 80km northeast of the present-day Santa Fe, but that was back in 1573!
- Pros:small enough!
- Cons:hot and humid summer
As I was walking along the costanera after the lighthouse I noticed a wall full of graffities. I went closer to see... more travel advice
I’ve noticed some colonial buildings in short distance of plaza 25 de Mayo but most of them were part of the neo... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Santa Fe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "no tourists!"
- "Magnificence in the "middle of nowhere""
- "A short trip across the Rio Parana"
- "The Spanish conquistador Juan de Garay"
- "Santa Fe"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Fe
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (281)
Have you been to Santa Fe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Fe
Photos in Santa FeSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 198 reviews, 609 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thessaloniki Intro, 80 reviews, 319 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 60 reviews, 257 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 64 reviews, 234 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 53 reviews, 190 photos