"no tourists!" Santa Fe by mindcrime

Santa Fe Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 32 photos

Santa Fe is the capital of Santa Fe province at NorthEast Argentina next to river Parana. It’s a small town with 350.000 inhabitants (the biggest and more famous city of Santa Fe province is Rosario).

There is nothing really touristic here to see but the two days I spent here were great because of the local friends I’ve made.

I was on my way to Iguazu Falls when I stopped at Santa Fe. I was in Rosario for some days and everyone was telling me “why do u want to go to Santa Fe, there’s nothing to see”. It’s true! No sightseeing, no big museums etc But the people are great, very warm and hospitable. The town is small enough that you can walk around and what I liked most was the walking along the riverfront (costanera) where everyone was every afternoon relaxing with their mate and admiring the river or the beautiful women… For the nightlife check out La Recoleta area where some nice pubs are…

If you want you can visit the San Francisco Convent and Church, the museo etnografico or the historical museum but there are a dozen bigger cities in Argentina for museums and this kind of stuff. For me, just go down the river and watch the people, look at the bridge that connects Santa Fe with Parana city.

Finally, if I ever return to Argentina I will definitely pass by again from Santa Fe to see my local friends that met only for some hours but you know how it goes…

Santa Fe was about 80km northeast of the present-day Santa Fe, but that was back in 1573!

• Pros:small enough!
  • Cons:hot and humid summer
  • Last visit to Santa Fe: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 5, 2008

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Walking up and down the waterfront sounds to be a good way to pass an afternoon!

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
      Dec 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM

its the best spot in town anyway, youngs go there for flirting and older ones to enjoy a cup of mate remembering their youth :)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Good that you made some local friends here.

• liliana91's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM

seems interesting to visit...i love the second picture.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I only knew Colombian Santa Fe but now I see there is also one in Argentina :) Always look for graffiti and murals when in a new city, some of them are real pieces of art. Agree, things are different with the local friends :)

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Hi Konstantinos. I was also taught not to stand where you colud be kicked by a donkey or horse. Then I had Llama spit on me as a child! Great page here! Good information and great photos. All the best. Efharisto

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Santa Fe

Have you been to Santa Fe?

Latest Activity in Santa Fe