"panoramic views!" Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional do Iguaçu by mindcrime
Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Guide: 269 reviews and 694 photos
I stayed 3 days at Puerto Iguazu to explore the area of Cataratas, the beautiful Iguazu Falls that are situated between Argentina and Brazil and each country has its park.
I was staying at Puerto Iguazu and the first day I visited the park at the brazilian side and it was a great idea because I had a great view of the falls that are one of the most beautiful natural sights on earth. The whole park is a world heritage site from Unesco and although big enough the paths are smaller than the argentinian side. I decided to visit this one first because the last day I wanted to walk into the jungle more and the argentinian side(Parque Nacional del Iguazu) gives you more opportunities for this.
Don’t make a mistake and skip the brazilian side, the panoramic views of the falls are great and probably most of the photos that will make your friends jealous will be taken here! :) The entrance fee is only 8 euros (including the bus inside the park)
the park is open daily 8am-6pm except Mondays when it’s open after 1pm
The main path will take around 2 hours to walk but allow your self some more time for admiring the view, taking a café or eat something at the end of the path (high prices but great view!). Of course you need more time if you want to ride the helicopter, do a boat ride close to the falls but in general you need less time than the argentinian side (I spend almost 7 hours there just walking!)
1.Poco Preto Trail (for 9km treck through jungle)
2.Macuco Safari (for jeep safari),
3.Bananeiras Trail (for 2km path and boat ride),
4.Campo de Desafios (for rafting, climbing etc)
5.Hotel Tropical das Cataratas (for 1.5km path for great views of the falls).
Most of the visitors go is the last one, in front of Cataratas hotel. From there you start walking on the path and at the end of it, after going up with the elevator you will find the bus waiting for you to take you back.
Just before entering the Park Iguazu at the Brazilian side you can spend an hour at the bird park that holds some... more travel advice
At the end of the path there is an elevator that will tale you up to a platform close to the top of the falls. I had my... more travel advice
mindcrime's Related Pages
Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A rumble in the jungle . . ."
- "Iguaçu: the "Big Water""
- "Iguacu Falls - nature's spectacle!"
- "panoramic views!"
- "The Brazilian side of the Iguaçu Falls"
- "With bird's eyes ~ Con ojos de pájaro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Hotels in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Transportation in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Shopping in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- 15 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Parque Nacional do Iguaçu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
Photos in Parque Nacional do IguaçuSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 99 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 72 reviews, 228 photos
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 229 photos
- Paris Intro, 66 reviews, 228 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 48 reviews, 220 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 55 reviews, 189 photos
- Budapest Intro, 46 reviews, 196 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 46 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amorgos Island Intro, 51 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 56 reviews, 179 photos