"panoramic views!" Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional do Iguaçu by mindcrime

Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Guide: 269 reviews and 694 photos

I stayed 3 days at Puerto Iguazu to explore the area of Cataratas, the beautiful Iguazu Falls that are situated between Argentina and Brazil and each country has its park.

I was staying at Puerto Iguazu and the first day I visited the park at the brazilian side and it was a great idea because I had a great view of the falls that are one of the most beautiful natural sights on earth. The whole park is a world heritage site from Unesco and although big enough the paths are smaller than the argentinian side. I decided to visit this one first because the last day I wanted to walk into the jungle more and the argentinian side(Parque Nacional del Iguazu) gives you more opportunities for this.

Don’t make a mistake and skip the brazilian side, the panoramic views of the falls are great and probably most of the photos that will make your friends jealous will be taken here! :) The entrance fee is only 8 euros (including the bus inside the park)

the park is open daily 8am-6pm except Mondays when it’s open after 1pm

The main path will take around 2 hours to walk but allow your self some more time for admiring the view, taking a café or eat something at the end of the path (high prices but great view!). Of course you need more time if you want to ride the helicopter, do a boat ride close to the falls but in general you need less time than the argentinian side (I spend almost 7 hours there just walking!)

5 different bus stops inside the park

1.Poco Preto Trail (for 9km treck through jungle)
2.Macuco Safari (for jeep safari),
3.Bananeiras Trail (for 2km path and boat ride),
4.Campo de Desafios (for rafting, climbing etc)
5.Hotel Tropical das Cataratas (for 1.5km path for great views of the falls).

Most of the visitors go is the last one, in front of Cataratas hotel. From there you start walking on the path and at the end of it, after going up with the elevator you will find the bus waiting for you to take you back.

• Last visit to Parque Nacional do Iguaçu: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2008

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2009 at 2:31 AM

lovely to see yr pics here and thanks for the info - hope I get to walk around there myself one day!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2009 at 6:13 AM

The falls looks very impressive! I hope to go there one day, maybe next year.

• Elena77's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Iguaçu is just amazing! What a shame I never made it there during my journeys through Brazil! But it's "on my list" for next time! : )

• Vanity666's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2008 at 2:34 AM

No way! You are really lucky for being able to visit such a beautiful places... someday I hope....

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu

Have you been to Parque Nacional do Iguaçu?

Latest Activity in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu