"The world is our stage!" mindcrime's Profile

Goooood morning world! I live in Athens, Greece and I like it so much that I try to travel around the world at least 3 times every year to get away! Ok, that's not entirely true as I also like to see my city as a visitor and check for new things and then write about them here.

Before my arrival to any city I do a small research, I read one or two book guides, some historical books about the area, the people and their customs. Finally, I try to find a literature book about it or watch a film that takes place there and definetelly I try to learn some basic words and phrases of the local language as in most places locals gets really happy when you (try to) speak their language. I never use organised packages so I check out the local transportation system (it's great when they have a subway/metro) and I like to use a map when I finally arrive there but getting lost in the small streets is part of the game, especially when the unexpected surprises are there. A friendly smile, a conversation in a small café, a melody from a street artist and the smell of the local bakery are some of things I like to bring back. Many times I try to stay with locals if possible and not in a nice but cold hotel

I have been many times to London and Madrid and generally most of my travels used to be in Europe although I've been to Cairo, Tunis, Istanbul. Recently I crossed the Atlantic ocean for Argentina and United States.

Most visited countries:
France(11), Spain(9), England(9), Turkey(7), Switzerland(6), Germany(6), Italy(5), Usa(3), Wales(2), Hungary(2), Bulgaria (2), Tunisia (1), Austria (1), Belgium (1), Egypt(1), Netherlands(1), Czech Rep(1), Argentina (1), Sweden(1), Denmark(1), Monaco(1), Brazil(1), Scotland(1) Finland(1), Israel(1), Palestine(1), Serbia(1)

I'd appreciate any comment from you. What matters is getting in touch with people....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We still have dreams, but we know they wont come true.
Hopefully, we also know that it doesn't matter...

Most visited cities away from Greece

London (9), Madrid(5), Geneva(5),
St.Genis(5), Berlin(4), Wacken(4),
Barcelona(4), Istanbul(4), Paris(4), Sergy(3), Toledo(3), Clisson(2), Nantes(2), Versailles (2), Segovia(2), Mallorca(2), Hamburg(2), New York(2), Milan(2), Cardiff(2), Ankara(2), Bodrum(2), Plovdiv(2), Budapest(2),

other cities in Europe

Sofia, Bachkovo, Nice, Crozet, Yvoire, Annecy, Vienna, Ibiza, Zaragoza, Girona, Figueres, Tarragona, Birmingham, Oxford, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Prague, Leipzig, Munich, Dachau, Venice, Genoa, Rome, Brussels, Gent, Brugge, Ieper, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Odense, Roskilde, Koge, Helsingor, Humlebaek, Laussane, Gruyere, Nyon, Vevey(1), Cern, Helsinki, Espoo, Porvoo, Tampere, Turku, Belgrade,

other cities away from Europe

Cairo(1), Buenos Aires(1), Mendoza(1), Santa Fe(1), Rosario(1),Iguazu(1), San Francisco(1), Los Angeles(1), Kauai(1), Oahu(1), Philadelphia(1), Washington DC(1), New Orleans(1), Izmir(1), Efesus, Pamukklae, Marmaris(1), Ayvalik(1), Capadokya(1), Eskisehir(1), Beypazari(1), Haifa(1), Akko(1), Tel Aviv(1), Nazareth(1), Jerusalem(1), Tiberias(1), Bethlehem(1)

I still have to find photos, to remember things etc The first two years VT pages of others were very useful tome for many of my trips so then I started to build my own pages too...

I started with some famous destinations but it's the small that I want to create, especially the small greek villages but it will take time. I also love the greek islands, take a look at Naxos, Chios, Limnos, Kythnos, Andros, Mykonos, Corfu, Amorgos, Hydra, Tinos, Sifnos, Skyros, Kos, Kalymnos, Telendos, Nisyros. More pages to come in the future too!

Crete:Chania, Rethymno

17.GRAND MAGUS:Triumph and Power
18.PRIMORDIAL:Where Greater Men Have Fallen
19.ALLOCHIRIA:Omonoia
20.VILLAGERS OF IOANNINA CITY:Riza

Once, all villagers decided to pray for rain; on the day of prayer everyone gathered and only one boy came with an umbrella.
THATS FAITH.

Example of the feeling of a one year old baby. When you throw him in the air, he laughs because he knows you will catch him.
THATS TRUST.

Every night we go to bed, we have no assurance to wake up alive the next morning but still we have plans for tomorrow.
THATS HOPE.

• Intro Updated May 13, 2015

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
mindcrime's Profile Photo

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Real Name