"Welcome to San Antonio, Texas!" hoofhearted's Profile
I work in downtown San Antonio in the hospitality industry, so I really take our city for granted sometimes. If anyone would like information or recommendations on our fine city, do not hesitate to ask.
Being in the travel industry, I (hmmmmm) love to travel! Each year I try to pick a fun sporting event to attend (Tour de France, Daytona 500, Kentucky Derby, Final Four), you get the idea! You'll see that theme throughout the pages.
July, 2012 - New York City
August, 2012 - Toronto
September, 2012 - Philadelphia
October, 2012 - Atlanta
July, 2013 - Pamplona, Spain (Running of the Bulls)
September, 2013 - Florence, Italy (F1 Grand Prix)
I'm originally from Washington State, but headed to Texas after graduation from Central Washington University. I discovered the joy of travel during college by traveling cross-country many times. Luckily, I have been able to carry on that love of travel to extend past the borders of the U.S.A.
Victoria grew up on the banks of Lake Michigan, specifically Chicago. She caught the travel bug early, taking Christmas vacations into interior Mexico. Her favorite was the annual pilgrimmage to Wrigley Field.
Now we enjoy one "big" trip each year, with numerous smaller trips here and there. Nothing like visiting the Empress Hotel in Victoria in the middle of winter, and warming up by the fireplace!
We are hoping to extend our travels out past the U.S. borders in the next few years. We are looking into an F1 race in either Monaco or Italy and the running of the bulls in Pamplona.
Many of our trips are visits back to my homeland in the Pacific Northwest. This was a quick jeep ride up into the backcountry.
Give us the sand between our toes, and we're happy. The Gulf of Mexico is a short two hour drive, so perfect for a quick weekend getaway. We try to avoid the big holiday weekends...
Mexico is a short 2-hour flight from San Antonio, so looking into Cabo San Lucos and, of course, Cancun.
Cocoa Beach in February, it's never too early for a drink with an umbrella! We made this stopover on our Daytona weekend.
Our first overseas adventure together landed us in the City of Lights. We are looking forward to many more visits to foreign lands.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 129 Reviews
- 202 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 40 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- hoofhearted and prasanna_k are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to San Antonio, Texas!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Convention Hotel"
- Wrote a Review Convention Hotel in Atlanta Hotels
- created a Atlanta Travel Page "Atlanta, G-A"
- Commented on BeatChick's profile page
- Posted in Travel Baltimore Forum "Dinner in Baltimore-"
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Orlando Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Seattle Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Cocoa Beach Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos