"Welcome to San Antonio, Texas!" hoofhearted's Profile

The Alamo City

I work in downtown San Antonio in the hospitality industry, so I really take our city for granted sometimes. If anyone would like information or recommendations on our fine city, do not hesitate to ask.

Being in the travel industry, I (hmmmmm) love to travel! Each year I try to pick a fun sporting event to attend (Tour de France, Daytona 500, Kentucky Derby, Final Four), you get the idea! You'll see that theme throughout the pages.

Upcoming travels:
February, 2014 - Nashville
April, 2014 - Augusta, GA
June, 2014 - Idaho
July, 2014 - Pamplona, Spain (Running of the Bulls)
September, 2015 - Florence, Italy (F1 Grand Prix)

Washington State

I'm originally from Washington State, but headed to Texas after graduation from Central Washington University. I discovered the joy of travel during college by traveling cross-country many times. Luckily, I have been able to carry on that love of travel to extend past the borders of the U.S.A.

Midwest, Lake Michigan

Victoria grew up on the banks of Lake Michigan, specifically Chicago. She caught the travel bug early, taking Christmas vacations into interior Mexico. Her favorite was the annual pilgrimmage to Wrigley Field.

Victoria, B.C.

I try to enjoy one "big" trip each year, with numerous smaller trips here and there. Nothing like visiting the Empress Hotel in Victoria in the middle of winter, and warming up by the fireplace!

I am hoping to extend my travels out past the U.S. borders in the next few years. I am looking into an F1 race in either Monaco or Italy and the running of the bulls in Pamplona.

Pacific Northwest

Many of my trips are visits back to my homeland in the Pacific Northwest. This was a quick jeep ride up into the backcountry.

To the Beach!!

The Gulf of Mexico is a short two hour drive, so perfect for a quick weekend getaway. I try to avoid the big holiday weekends...

Mexico is a short 2-hour flight from San Antonio, so I'm looking into Cabo San Lucos!

More Beach!!

Cocoa Beach in February, it's never too early for a drink with an umbrella! This was a stopover from a Daytona weekend.

Tour de France, Vive Lance!

The City of Lights, and hopefully many more overseas visits.

• Intro Updated Dec 24, 2013

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Steve, I wish you a fantastic birthday and a year filled with exciting travel!

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Thank you, Steve - so glad I could help out with some Cincinnati info. I see from a previous post that I mentioned taking my mom to The Tropicana - she LOVED it! Just a week later was the fiasco between Jeff Ruby & OJ - she talked about that for weeks.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Hopefully you will be rooting for the right team (that would be the Cubs!) Hope you enjoy PDC, I'll be heading to San Antonio next month, my 1st visit to TX!!!

• Lyndra's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Hi there, have a smashing birthday :0)

• green_eye's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2007 at 8:20 AM

happy birthday !

• Simone511's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2007 at 12:41 AM

hey thanks for the coment and for checking it out!

• travelnurse21's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2007 at 1:51 AM

Thanks for visiting my page Steve! I'm looking forward to the 2010 games as well. It should be a lot of fun! Take care ~Avery

• harirasik's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2006 at 8:00 PM

Happy Birthday to you and may you succeed in your life life in every way. (~_~)?? I wish you a Merry Christmas?, And a Happy New Yeaaaaar?? (~_~).Greetings from Nepal.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
hoofhearted's Profile Photo

hoofhearted

“When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.”

Real Name