"Welcome to San Antonio, Texas!" hoofhearted's Profile
I work in downtown San Antonio in the hospitality industry, so I really take our city for granted sometimes. If anyone would like information or recommendations on our fine city, do not hesitate to ask.
Being in the travel industry, I (hmmmmm) love to travel! Each year I try to pick a fun sporting event to attend (Tour de France, Daytona 500, Kentucky Derby, Final Four), you get the idea! You'll see that theme throughout the pages.
July, 2012 - New York City
August, 2012 - Toronto
September, 2012 - Philadelphia
October, 2012 - Atlanta
July, 2013 - Pamplona, Spain (Running of the Bulls)
September, 2013 - Florence, Italy (F1 Grand Prix)
I'm originally from Washington State, but headed to Texas after graduation from Central Washington University. I discovered the joy of travel during college by traveling cross-country many times. Luckily, I have been able to carry on that love of travel to extend past the borders of the U.S.A.
Victoria grew up on the banks of Lake Michigan, specifically Chicago. She caught the travel bug early, taking Christmas vacations into interior Mexico. Her favorite was the annual pilgrimmage to Wrigley Field.
Now we enjoy one "big" trip each year, with numerous smaller trips here and there. Nothing like visiting the Empress Hotel in Victoria in the middle of winter, and warming up by the fireplace!
We are hoping to extend our travels out past the U.S. borders in the next few years. We are looking into an F1 race in either Monaco or Italy and the running of the bulls in Pamplona.
Many of our trips are visits back to my homeland in the Pacific Northwest. This was a quick jeep ride up into the backcountry.
Give us the sand between our toes, and we're happy. The Gulf of Mexico is a short two hour drive, so perfect for a quick weekend getaway. We try to avoid the big holiday weekends...
Mexico is a short 2-hour flight from San Antonio, so looking into Cabo San Lucos and, of course, Cancun.
Cocoa Beach in February, it's never too early for a drink with an umbrella! We made this stopover on our Daytona weekend.
Our first overseas adventure together landed us in the City of Lights. We are looking forward to many more visits to foreign lands.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 129 Reviews
- 202 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 40 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- hoofhearted and prasanna_k are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to San Antonio, Texas!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Convention Hotel"
- Wrote a Review Convention Hotel in Atlanta Hotels
- created a Atlanta Travel Page "Atlanta, G-A"
- Commented on BeatChick's profile page
- Posted in Travel Baltimore Forum "Dinner in Baltimore-"
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Orlando Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Seattle Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Cocoa Beach Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos