"Ella" Ella by tayloretc
Ella Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 38 photos
Ella was an unplanned stop for a late lunch at Ambiente Hotel that turned into an overnight stay. I had the next day planned, but some time during tea on the porch overlooking the evening version of the scene above those plans melted away. When it’s clear, that view is all the way to the Indian ocean to the south.
There’s some great gentle hiking in the area, and some mythico-historical interest – Ravana is supposed to have hidden Sita in one of the caves nearby. It’s a reasonable drive to several waterfalls, Horton Plains, and Buduruwagala, among other places of interest.
You have to get up early to see the sunrise, but it’s worth it. When the sun starts to rise, the monks in a temple below begin chanting, until the whole valley resonates.
Back to Buduruwagala or on to Horton Plains.
tayloretc's Related Pages
Ella Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ella - Wellawaya"
- ""Ella": Greek for "Come Here""
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ella
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Ella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ella
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chennai (Madras) Intro, 47 reviews, 68 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 1 review, 80 photos, 10 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 7 reviews, 65 photos, 9 travelogues
- Donji Milanovac Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madikeri Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barnstable Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bitola Intro, 1 review, 55 photos, 7 travelogues
- New Delhi Intro, 4 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bogazkale Intro, 49 photos, 6 travelogues