"Katarangama" Kataragama by tayloretc
Kataragama Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 30 photos
Katarangama is one of the three most important religious centers in Sri Lanka. It’s a small town with a massive complex containing temples and shrines for Buddhist and Hindu deities, and a major mosque.
There's not much to the town but it's a neat place to stop. Try to get there for an sunset stroll to the simple but peaceful Kiri Vihara and a noisy evening puja in the shrine to Kataragama (read more about it here).
Back to Mulkirigala or on to Tissa.
tayloretc's Related Pages
Kataragama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Sri Lankas holiest places"
- "its the place of great hindu temple in the south"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kataragama
- Hotels in Kataragama
- Transportation in Kataragama
- Restaurants in Kataragama
- Warnings and Dangers in Kataragama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kataragama
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kataragama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kataragama
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chennai (Madras) Intro, 47 reviews, 68 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 1 review, 80 photos, 10 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 7 reviews, 65 photos, 9 travelogues
- Donji Milanovac Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madikeri Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barnstable Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bitola Intro, 1 review, 55 photos, 7 travelogues
- New Delhi Intro, 4 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Annapurna Himal Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues