"Kitulgala" Kitulgala by tayloretc
Kitulgala Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 12 photos
I had planned to stay in Kitulgala because I thought we’d get there in time for an afternoon raft trip, and it is close enough to Colombo to catch a mid-morning flight. Kitulgala is probably best known as the best rafting in Sri Lanka, and as the film location for Bridge on the River Quai. We didn’t get there for an afternoon trip, but my guide was able to arrange an earlier than usual raft trip, which turned out to be a perfect end to this road trip.
It’s not difficult rapids, but the ride is fun. And beautiful. Early in the morning the mist drifts through steep wooded hills lit by the sunrise; towards the end you can get out of the raft and drift down.
I don’t have photos, since I didn’t have my waterproof camera with me – one more reason to go back…
Back to Horton Plains.
tayloretc's Related Pages
Kitulgala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Bridge over the River Kwai""
- "place for white wtaer rafting"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kitulgala
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Kitulgala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kitulgala
Photos in KitulgalaSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chennai (Madras) Intro, 47 reviews, 68 photos, 8 travelogues
- State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 1 review, 80 photos, 10 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 7 reviews, 65 photos, 9 travelogues
- Donji Milanovac Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madikeri Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barnstable Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bitola Intro, 1 review, 55 photos, 7 travelogues
- New Delhi Intro, 4 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Annapurna Himal Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues