"Coonoor" Coonoor by tayloretc
Coonoor Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 32 photos
The hill stations, Coonoor among them, are towns the British built precisely to escape the season “hottest,” and it works—it was at least 30 degrees cooler there than in Chennai. I stayed in Upper Coonoor, above the fairly small town of Coonoor, surrounded by tea plantations. It’s a beautiful part of the world, and even more so when you’re coming from a flat, hot, crowded, yellow/reddish-dusty city. An hour flight and a 2-hour drive and you’re 8,000 feet up in the mountains in the middle of lush greenery. See the Travelog for details...
This is actually quite a long, steep, twisting drive from Coonoor, and you'll probably have to hire a car to get there.... more travel advice
The jewelry is lovely too, but the treasure here is the woodwork in the shop, which is done by the store owner's... more travel advice
tayloretc's Related Pages
Coonoor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cool Coonoor"
- "Cute Cozy Coonoor"
- "HILL TOWN nr Ooty"
- "Coonoor - Ooty's little cousin !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coonoor
- Hotels in Coonoor
- Transportation in Coonoor
- Shopping in Coonoor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coonoor
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Coonoor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coonoor
Photos in CoonoorSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chennai (Madras) Intro, 47 reviews, 68 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 1 review, 80 photos, 10 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 7 reviews, 65 photos, 9 travelogues
- Donji Milanovac Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madikeri Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barnstable Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bitola Intro, 1 review, 55 photos, 7 travelogues
- New Delhi Intro, 4 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Annapurna Himal Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues