"The city of Athena" Athens by Aitana
Athens Travel Guide: 4,454 reviews and 10,167 photos
When I went to Greece in 1992 for a long period, Athens was my first contact with the country.
It was January and the weather was cold and cloudy. The first impression was not too good. Two days later I left Athens and went to Akrata, a village in the Prefecture of Achaia where I would live for some months.
In the following visits to Athens I began to discover the city and to love it. Since then, every time I have gone to Greece, I have reserved at least two days to Athens.
The Acropolis really impressed me the first time and after several visits I still find it surprising. Everywhere you go in Athens, you see the Acropolis. Walking up is customary: a few years ago, I drew my brother there; later, I drew my husband, in our honeymoon.
Once on the Acropolis, the view is impressing. New buildings surround the remains of Ancient Greece. White, small houses spread as far as the eye can see.
Athens is a noisy city but there some places of tranquility that I really appreciate. The Ancient Agora is one of these havens of peace in the crowded city.
The Neoclassical Trilogy of Athens consists of the Academy, the National Library and the University of Athens. In front... more travel advice
This small church in the centre of Athens is incredible. It is under the Ministry of Education and Religion, in... more travel advice
Aitana's Related Pages
Athens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Athens, my city!"
- "My trap!"
- "Athens is full of Archaeological sights & History"
- "Athina mou..."
- "Athens afterwords"
- "The Beginning... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Athens
- Hotels in Athens
- Transportation in Athens
- Nightlife in Athens
- Restaurants in Athens
- Shopping in Athens
- Warnings and Dangers in Athens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Athens
- 11 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athens
- Posted in Travel Spain Forum "Re: Afternoon Spanish courses"
- Commented on one of mindcrime's Athens travel pages
- updated a Athens Travel Page "The city of Athena"
- Wrote a Review The Academy about Neoclassical Trilogy - Academy-University-Library in Athens Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Academy"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante Intro, 54 reviews, 144 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galicia Intro, 31 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Teruel Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Logroño Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Soria Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos