"Epidaurus" Epidaurus by Aitana
Epidaurus Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 185 photos
Epidaurus was said to be the birthplace of Asclepius, the healer, son of Apollo.
The Sanctuary of Asclepius near the town of Epidaurus was the most reputed healing center in the ancient world. Ill people used to get there for being cured. There were a guest house with 160 rooms, mineral springs, and also civil monuments such as the theater, the Hestiatoreion, a Stadium and a Palaestra.
The theater seats up to 15,000 spectators in 55 rows. The acoustics is so good that every word pronounced at the proscenium is intelligible for all the people wherever they seat.
Aitana's Related Pages
Epidaurus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sanctuary&Theatre in Epidaurus"
- "Theatre and Healing"
- "Epidaurus - the harmony of nature and architecture"
- "There are three Epidaure"
- "Birthplace of theater"
- "The best theatre in the world"
- "Sanctuary of Asklepios at Ancient Epidaurus"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Epidaurus
- Hotels in Epidaurus
- Transportation in Epidaurus
- Restaurants in Epidaurus
- Shopping in Epidaurus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Epidaurus
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Epidaurus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Epidaurus
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante Intro, 54 reviews, 144 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galicia Intro, 31 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Teruel Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Soria Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Logroño Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos