"Alicante, my home city" Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante by Aitana
Alicante Travel Guide: 502 reviews and 1,158 photos
Although I was not born here, I have lived here since I was a two months baby, so Alicante is my home town.
What to say about Alicante? It is easier to write about places that one has visited because they cause a particular impression that can be described, while the home land is a different experience.
The sea, the light, Santa Barbara Castle, the mountains around, the climate... make Alicante a very nice place to live and to enjoy life.
Alicante is a city open to the sea, with an esplanade with palm trees parallel to the port, another promenade along the Postiguet beach, and Santa Barbara Castle that dominates the city.
The city and the beaches are only a part of Alicante. The province hides amazing places that you will like to discover. Visit my travelogue!
Every year, from 21 to 24 June, bonfires are erected in all the neighborhoods, the so called Hogueras de San Juan. They are artistic monuments that satirize the current affairs and public characters.
The night of the 24th the bonfires burn and the city returns to normality.
Visit my travelogues Hogueras de San Juan 2007, Hogueras de San Juan 2009 I & II to see some of them. I have also written some local customs tips about the Hogueras.
For further information about the city click here.
Pikadura is a friendly restaurant and bar. The location is unique, on the Explanade, in front or the sea. The terrace... more travel advice
Between Jalón (Xaló) and Bernia mountain you will find a most unusual and interesting place to stop by. And old country... more travel advice
Aitana's Related Pages
Alicante Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alicante, my home city"
- "Alicante, pueblo grande"
- "A city to discover!!"
- "WELCOME TO ALICANTE!"
- "Alicante - we never really intended to be there!"
- "ALICANTE - COSTA BLANCA"
- "Summer time"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alicante
- Hotels in Alicante
- Transportation in Alicante
- Nightlife in Alicante
- Restaurants in Alicante
- Shopping in Alicante
- Warnings and Dangers in Alicante
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alicante
- 54 Reviews
- 144 Photos
- 97 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Alicante?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alicante
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante Intro, 54 reviews, 144 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galicia Intro, 31 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Teruel Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Logroño Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Soria Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos