"Baeza" Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza by Aitana
Baeza Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 164 photos
Baeza offers many of the best-preserved examples of Renaissance architecture in Spain. UNESCO added the Renaissance Monumental Ensembles of Úbeda and Baeza to the World Heritage Sites list in 2003.
In the 16th century, Baeza, as well as Ubeda, grew rich from the production of textiles and the increase of the agricultural production. Local nobles hired important architects, such as Andrés de Vandelvira, to design new palaces, churches and public squares.
Among Baeza's Renaissance structures outstand the University, established in 1538 (now a seat for the Summer University of Granada), the Santa María Cathedral, the Palace of Jabalquinto, and the squares of Plaza de España and the Paseo de la Constitución.
The gate of Ubeda was a part of the city walls. In 1477 Isabel I, the Catholic Monarch, ordered its demolition to avoid... more travel advice
The convent of San Francisco was built in 1538 by Andrés de Vandelvira. An earthquake partially destroyed it but the... more travel advice
Aitana's Related Pages
Baeza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baeza, protected by UNESCO"
- "Baeza - handsome Renaissance city"
- "Baeza - a Renaissance gem"
- "A Lovely Town"
- "Beautiful old town"
- "Bustling Baeza..........Jaen's well-kept secret"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baeza
- Hotels in Baeza
- Transportation in Baeza
- Restaurants in Baeza
- Warnings and Dangers in Baeza
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sand Harbor Beach State Recreation Area Hotels
- Hall in Tirol
- Honeymoon Island State Recreation Area Hotels
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Phu Quoc
- Bad Soden am Taunus
- Hyannis Hotels
- Province of Camiguin Hotels
- Ras Tanura Hotels
- Gampola Hotels
Badges & Stats in Baeza
- 16 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Baeza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baeza
Photos in BaezaSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante Intro, 51 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galicia Intro, 31 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Teruel Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Soria Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Logroño Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos