"Burgos" Burgos by Aitana
Burgos Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 509 photos
Burgos is probably the most important city crossed by the Route to Santiago.
The Cathedral, the Monastery of Huelgas and the Cartuja de Miraflores are the most visited places in Burgos.
The Cathedral began to be built in the 13th century in gothic style. It is really a masterpiece of the religious architecture.
The Arch of Santa María was one of the entrances to the old city in the Middle Age.
El Cid Campeador was a Castilian nobleman and military leader who played an important rol in the Reconquest. His biography is linked to Burgos. In Santa Gadea church, El Cid forced the king Alfonso VI to swear he had not been involved in the death of his brother Sancho.
The romance starts as follows:
do juran los hijosdalgo,
allí toma juramento
el Cid al rey castellano,
sobre un cerrojo de hierro
y una ballesta de palo.
Las juras eran tan recias
que al buen rey ponen espanto..."
Aitana's Related Pages
Burgos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BURGOS BIRTHPLACE OF CASTILE."
- "Burgos: where Mío Cid still lives and fights"
- "CAPUT CASTELLAE"
- "Magnificent Cathedral, Historic Hero and Early Man"
- "Burgos Province where my family comes from"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burgos
- Hotels in Burgos
- Transportation in Burgos
- Nightlife in Burgos
- Restaurants in Burgos
- Warnings and Dangers in Burgos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burgos
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Burgos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burgos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante Intro, 54 reviews, 144 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galicia Intro, 31 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Teruel Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Soria Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Logroño Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos
Latest Burgos hotel reviews
- Espana Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2011
- Melia Boutique Fernan Gonzalez
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- AC Burgos
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Hotel Silken Gran Teatro
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Hotel Norte y Londres
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013