"León" León by Aitana
León Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 243 photos
León is famous for its monumental buildings. There is a masterpiece of each of the different architectural styles:
The Real Colegiata de San Isidoro holds the Royal Pantheon, one of the best samples of Romanesque paintings.
The Cathedral is one of the most beautiful Gothic churches in Spain.
San Marcos was built in the 16th century (Renaissance). It was a monastery and hospital, belonging to the Military Order of Santiago. Now it houses a Parador.
Later, Antoni Gaudí brought the Modernism with his Casa de Botines.
The MUSAC, the Castile and León Museum of Contemporary Art, was inaugurated in 2005 and houses artworks from the latest generation of artists, between 1992 and 2012.
Aitana's Related Pages
León Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Inner Spain"
- "La Ciudad Azul---The Blue City"
- "Full of character!"
- "CASTILLA LEON: LEON"
- "LEON AND BURGOS "
- See All...
- Things to Do in León
- Hotels in León
- Transportation in León
- Nightlife in León
- Restaurants in León
- Shopping in León
- Warnings and Dangers in León
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in León
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to León?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in León
Photos in LeónSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante Intro, 54 reviews, 144 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galicia Intro, 31 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Teruel Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Soria Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Logroño Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos